about 1 month ago
System Design Engineers provide the main technical focus for our primary development projects and major sub-systems contracts and interface with both our customers and suppliers on technical issues.
Overview of department:
System Design and Validation (SD&V) are responsible for undertaking overall Weapon System and Missile systems design activities within the UK. These activities provide a consistent systems engineering approach to all stages of product development; from concept to in-service support.
The design team have a proven track record in developing complex weapon systems to meet demanding customer needs, making use of new technologies and methodologies to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our products.
We currently have openings in the following areas:
- Requirements Specification and Design
- Systems performance analysis
- Systems Architecture
- Systems Validation - including certification and design verification
- Concepts studies, research and development.
- Flow-down of system requirements to subsystem requirement specifications.
- Define and maintain design justification record providing linkage from system requirements to subsystem requirements.
- Development of system-level test sequences.
- Liaise with subsystem teams, to ensure design proposals take into account existing design constraints.
- Model Based System Engineering (MBSE)
- Supporting safety, security and reliability aspects of projects.
- Support customer working groups as required.
Skillset / Experience required:
- The successful candidate will have worked in at least one of the following related areas: Missile/Weapon Systems, Combat Systems, and Command & Control Systems.
- The ability to visualize and analyse complex systems
- Have good analysis skills, verbal skills, as well as presentation and written communication skills.
- Have practical knowledge of basic systems engineering principles and processes.
- Be able to work with engineering teams, including in-house and contractor personnel.
- Be pro-active and be capable of working on their own initiative with a minimum of supervision.
- Have good working experience in more than one phase of the engineering life cycle, with sufficient experience of the total life cycle to ensure a good understanding of adjacent phases and through-life engineering issues.
Experience and Qualifications:
- In addition the successful candidate will have a BSc/MSc/MEng in systems engineering, electrical engineering, physics, or equivalent.
- Must be proficient and have a working knowledge of the following IT Tools: Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Powerpoint etc.)
- Good knowledge of several of the following System Design related tools: MATLAB, Excel and with DOORS knowledge essential Rhapsody and Aristisan, SysML/UML would be an advantage.