£48.00 - £50.00 per hour
7 months ago
Systems Design Engineer
Duration: Contract 6 Months
Pay: £50.00 Ltd per hour
Our client brings a future in Battle Space management, software intensive Mission Planning and Air Base Command and Control systems. Due to expansion they are recruiting for a Systems Engineer who can undertake the full design life cycle, both front-end System Requirements & Design tasks, but who is equally capable of undertaking back-end Integration activities. With opportunity to work across multiple projects at varies stages of the life cycle including new and existing projects this is truly a varied role.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
As part of a large Systems Engineering department the Systems Engineer will be responsible for a wide range of systems engineering across Air Operations, Systems and Services. The applicant must have knowledge and proven ability designing and integrating Tactical Data links into Land-based Command & Control systems.
Tasks will include but not limited to:
- Requirements capture & management: Capture Customer & End user needs and distil into Functional and non-functional requirements. Manage the derivation & flow-down of lower-level (Subsystem / component) Requirements.
- System Architecture definition: from the agreed System requirements, assist in the definition of candidate System architectures. Undertake candidate trade-off studies / Decision Analysis to arrive at agreed Functional & Physical Solution Architecture
- System Design: create detailed system / subsystem designs, including buy / team / make decisions, specification of internal / external interface definitions & information flows including the generation of ICDs
- Maintain currency on TDL developments and relevant STANAG/Mil-std updates
- Understand nuances of TDL system limitations and behaviours at system level
- Write and agree the integration strategy with key project stakeholders, tailoring the standard IV & V process to meet the project and integration plans
- Good working knowledge of DOORS and how this tool is used to facilitate successful change management and acceptance.
- Good working knowledge of various Design tools (e.g. Rhapsody)
- To be competent in the use of Microsoft Office
WE SEEK A SYSTEMS DESIGN ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY/DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT/INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)