City of Preston, Lancashire
£45.00 - £55.00 per hour
6 months ago
Working within the Aircraft Systems Design Team you will be providing technical solutions and developing modifications to customer owned aircraft, both military and civil. This will include the introduction of new aircraft avionic or mission systems, electrical power generation and distribution as well as RF equipment. This role is ideally suited to an aircraft electrical / avionic engineer seasoned in industry.
AT THE COAL FACE TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Customer liaison to develop customer concepts and documentation of requirements.
- Supporting the Engineering Manager and Business Development personnel in the preparation design reviews.
- Developing design solutions to meet new customer requirements.
- Liaison with Original Equipment Manufacturers and other suppliers to specify and gather detailed understanding and suitable documentation to facilitate detailed installation/ integration design of 3rd party equipment and/or sensor systems.
- Initial system design and subsequent liaison with the detail design team to develop the final solution in a timely manner.
- Liaison with the Production Organisation to solve problems arising in installation.
- Production of test documentation and other analyses/ reports.
- Liaison with test/ production engineers to complete test regime as required.
- Production of modification control documentation and subsequent certification of the resulting modification with CAA, EASA, MAA or other certification requirements as appropriate.
- Liaison with Certification Authorities as required.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Proven ability in the design, integration and certification of aircraft avionic and electronic systems at a senior level in either a civil or military environment.
- Wide knowledge of current avionic sensors and systems.
- Thorough understanding of the Systems Engineering life cycle and the ability to lead teams through the Systems Engineering process.
- Ability to lead engineering teams.
- Ability to develop technical specifications and technically manage sub-contractors for a/c modifications and/or packages of work.
NICE TO HAVE
- Has worked in customer facing environments.
- Has worked in the support of production organisations from within a design organisation.
- Knowledge of civil and military modification and certification processes.
- Has worked in a position of authority (team leader/ deputy) within a design organisation.
- EASA/ FAA certification requirements.
- Knowledge of current military certification requirements.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK A PRINCIPAL SYSTEMS DESIGN ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)