7 months ago
There are fantastic opportunities in Systems Design for engineers to work within Future Systems. These are highly visible, fast-paced roles, in small teams, to define and develop products and the associated technology plans for future products.
* Customer needs analysis/elicitation
* Develop concepts, undertake trade studies
* Identify new technologies, maturing and exploiting these for next generation systems
* Support bids for future development
What we are looking for:
* Ideally degree qualified with a strong engineering or science background
* Creativity, imagination and the ability to innovate
* Ability to work across multiple disciplines of technology concepting, systems design and architecture, sub-system decomposition and functional allocation
* Experience of task package ownership and running technical programmes
* Ability to respond to customer requests from generation of white papers through to formal bid submission
* Adaptable and flexible to changing/emerging requirements
* Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
* Helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, whilst dealing with all levels of the business from supporting junior colleagues to direct customer interface
* BSc/MSc/MEng in systems engineering, electrical engineering, physics, or equivalent.
* Have good working experience in more than one phase of the engineering life cycle, with sufficient experience of the total life cycle to ensure a good understanding of adjacent phases and through-life engineering issues
* Have practical knowledge of basic systems engineering principles and processes.
* Must be proficient and have a working knowledge of the following IT Tools: Microsoft Office. Rhapsody and Artisan, SysML/UML also with good knowledge of several of the following System Design related tools: MATLAB, Excel and with DOORS knowledge
* Have the ability to visualize and analyse complex systems,
* Have good verbal, presentation and written communication skills
* Experience of naval and or land based weapon systems.