10 months ago
There are fantastic opportunities in Systems Design for engineers to work within Future Systems. These are highly visible, fast-paced roles, in small teams, to define and develop products and the associated technology plans for future products.
- Customer needs analysis/elicitation
- Develop concepts, undertake trade studies
- Identify new technologies, maturing and exploiting these for next generation systems
- Support bids for future development
What we are looking for:
- Ideally degree qualified with a strong engineering or science background
- Creativity, imagination and the ability to innovate
- Ability to work across multiple disciplines of technology concepting, systems design and architecture, sub-system decomposition and functional allocation
- Experience of task package ownership and running technical programmes
- Ability to respond to customer requests from generation of white papers through to formal bid submission
- Adaptable and flexible to changing/emerging requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, whilst dealing with all levels of the business from supporting junior colleagues to direct customer interface
- BSc/MSc/MEng in systems engineering, electrical engineering, physics, or equivalent.
- Have good working experience in more than one phase of the engineering life cycle, with sufficient experience of the total life cycle to ensure a good understanding of adjacent phases and through-life engineering issues
- Have practical knowledge of basic systems engineering principles and processes.
- Must be proficient and have a working knowledge of the following IT Tools: Microsoft Office. Rhapsody and Artisan, SysML/UML also with good knowledge of several of the following System Design related tools: MATLAB, Excel and with DOORS knowledge
- Have the ability to visualize and analyse complex systems,
- Have good verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Experience of naval and or land based weapon systems.