3 months ago
- Complex System Design Definition and Development
- System Design Requirement analysis, management, documentation and flow down.
- Carrying out technical design trades across System and Sub-system boundaries.
- System Design uncertainty & query resolution and coherency management across product lines.
- System Design interface definition, co-ordination and documentation.
- Negotiating points of embodiment with Design Authorities.
- At least 5 years' experience in Systems Design
- Worked in at least one of the following related areas: Missile/Weapon System, Combat Systems, Command & Control Systems
- Experience of naval or land based weapon systems an advantage.
In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Have strong stakeholder management/influencing skills.
- Have the ability to visualize and analyse complex systems
- Have good analysis skills
- Have good verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Have practical knowledge of basic systems engineering principles and processes
- Be able to work with engineering teams, including in-house and contractor personnel
- Be pro-active and be capable of working on their own initiative with a minimum of supervision
- Have good working experience in more than one phase of the engineering life cycle, with sufficient experience of the total life cycle to ensure a good understanding of adjacent phases and through-life engineering issues.
Tools Knowledge Requirement:Must be proficient and have a working knowledge of the following IT Tools:
- Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Powerpoint etc.) with good knowledge of several of the following System Design related tools: MATLAB, Excel and with DOORS knowledge essential
- Rhapsody and Artisan, SysML/UML would be an advantage