8 months ago
Looking for an experienced System Design Engineer with at least 5 years' experience. Candidates must have worked in at least one of the following related areas: Missile/Weapon Systems, Combat Systems, Command & Control systems.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Complex System Design Definition and Development.
* System Design Requirement analysis, management, documentation and flow down.
* Carrying out technical design trades across System and Sub-system boundaries.
* System Design uncertainty & query resolution and coherency management across product lines.
* System Design interface definition, co-ordination and documentation.
* Negotiating points of embodiment with Design Authorities.
* BSc/MSc/MEng in systems engineering, electrical engineering, physics, or equivalent.
* Have good working experience in more than one phase of the engineering life cycle, with sufficient experience of the total life cycle to ensure a good understanding of adjacent phases and through-life engineering issues Tools
* Have practical knowledge of basic systems engineering principles and processes.
* Must be proficient and have a working knowledge of the following IT Tools: Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Powerpoint etc.) with good knowledge of several of the following System Design related tools: MATLAB, Excel and with DOORS knowledge
* Have strong stakeholder management/influencing skills.
* Have the ability to visualize and analyse complex systems
* Have good verbal, presentation and written communication skills
* Working knowledge of the following IT Tools Rhapsody and Artisan, SysML/UML
* Experience of naval weapon systems