£65000.00 - £75000.00 per annum
29 days ago
Morson International has entered in to a partnership with CityFibre to attract the best talent for projects up and down the UK. CityFibre is the UKs largest alternative provider of wholesale fibre network infrastructure and the builder of Gigabit Cities. They are experiencing rapid growth and we are now looking for a:
Systems & IT Support Manager - London
CityFibre is looking for an experienced Hands-On Systems & IT Support Manager to manage and build a small team of Systems Administrators and IT Support Administrators. Reporting directly to the Head of Systems and Development, the Systems & IT Manager is someone who can effectively oversee the purchasing, installation and maintenance of all our IT real estate located across the UK.
This role will ensure proper functioning of CityFibre's information systems and oversee necessary upgrades. Helping business operations groups utilise information systems to improve their efficiency. They will also ensure computer equipment, hardware and software is updated to meet the company's needs.
* Direct management responsibility for team of Systems Administrators and IT support department in both London and Milton Keynes.
* Collaborate with all of CityFibre's Departments to find alternatives and solutions to business challenges. Seek out systems solutions (either internal to client or external 3rd party solutions) that can be leveraged to meet the business requirements of improved ways of working.
* Organises support, troubleshooting, and repair for IT equipment and office networks.
* Tracking IT Support Tickets and providing solution as per ITIL methodology.
* Ensure that incidents and requests are handled according to agreed procedures and ensure that documentation of the supported components is available and in an appropriate form for those providing support.
* Monitors online security for users and networks and takes appropriate steps to address security breaches if necessary.
* Develop and maintain emergency plans to address equipment, power, or security failure to ensure preservation of technology and data, as well as making sure our services adhere to our Company SLA's.
* Respond to after-hours network and system outages and other emergencies.
* Data Backup and Recovery for Business applications and users.
* Document Management - Maintain SOPs, GMP / Non-GMP and other Guidelines.
* May perform System Administrator responsibilities as needed.
* Assist with hardware/software upgrades and releases as needed.
* End user support for Corporate Applications & Systems.
* Coordinates training and orientation for new users and helping them become familiar and championing CityFibre's internal tools.
* Establishes relationships with technology and component vendors.
* Implement Policies and Procedures for Electronic Data and Computer System Operations.
* Analyse business processes identifying alternative solutions and recommending new approaches. Help establish requirements for the implementation of changes in business processes.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
* Strong negotiation and consensus building skills when dealing with internal customers, stakeholders and team members.
* Able to build credible relationships both in the immediate technology skilled teams and across multiple non-Technical Business groups.
* Has a thorough understanding of available technology and researches to learn about innovative solutions and new releases especially in areas of AWS, O365, Google and tools such as Jira and ITMS.
* Hands-on experience and willingness to get ones hand dirty when supporting / mentoring their team.
* Excellent experience with AWS or Azure.
* Over 5+ years' experience as a system/network administrator advantageous. Systems administration experience must demonstrate responsibility for the operation of Unix Server & Windows hardware installation of operating system and application software Active Directory DNS daily back-ups utilities etc.
* Hands on experience with networking hardware protocols standards technologies such as TCP/IP firewalls switches routers, Sofos etc is required.
* Hands on O365 (Exchange SharePoint Office) experience.
* Ability to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast paced and changing environment.
* Ability to recognize and resolve conflict.
* Good knowledge of Cloud Based Systems such as Salesforce, Xero, Coupa, confluence etc
* Knowledge of GIS, Network Asset Systems used in Fibre Networks would be nice
* Agile methodology
* Previous experience of staff scheduling/ rota planning
* Previous experience in SIP, AV office solutions and support
* ISO 27000
* Minimum Associate's degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred, in computer science or a related field.
* Three to five years of experience in computer system administration (or equivalent).
* Experience mentoring employees.
* Experience in project, product, or team management.
* Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes.
* A solid understanding of Windows & Unix operating systems.
* A solid understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
* Proven management skills, including, strong writing, meeting and organisational skills.
For further information please contact Tom Glover at Morson International.