Birmingham, West Midlands
£47500.00 - £54000.00 per annum + flexible working, 10% pension, bonus
6 months ago
Terrific Systems Accountant role within a national Infrastructure business based in Birmingham. They utilise the Oracle reporting suite and have upgraded to the Oracle fusion platform from the Oracle Cloud.
The company offers flexible working, an excellent pension and bonus scheme plus other excellent benefits with great offices in central Birmingham.
The successful candidate into the Systems Accountant role will be an experienced accountant who has followed a natural leaning towards the systems and ERP software elements of the role - able to act as a conduit between finance and the technical team who ensure the software supports business processes.
The System Accountant will have overall responsibility, and accountability, for the effective delivery of the Finance Enterprise Resource Planning system; responsible for;
- The maintenance and development of the core financial modules within the Oracle Fusion application set,
- Ensuring that the interfaces work correctly, and that the
- Appropriate controls and reporting requirement infrastructures are in place to allow the business to accurately manage and account for their finances using the system
- Management of a team of circa 7 SMEs
- Communicate to the wider business any issues relating to the status of; data integrity, standing data and progress with period ends.
- Seek to continually improve the core financial system; processes, controls and performance
- Facilitate close working relationships between the functional system experts and the business process ownership team.
- Lead the maintenance and update of the Fusion ERP suite,
- Develop and enhance contacts outside of the business to identify how other organisations manage their systems
- Communicate both upwards and outwards on issues and developments with recommendations and action plans to resolve problems.
- Work with the Specialist Technical Architect with responsibility for the Fusion Service and the respective leads for elements of the ERP solution within the business.
This is a critical role in a great company where the challenge will be ever changing, great working relationships can be forged and and excellent benefits are on offer.