23 days ago
System Security Officer
Location: Base Site Bristol, with occasional travel in South England
Company has continued to go from strength to strength, delivering a number of secure accredited gateway systems and services into the MoD that embrace new technology and innovation. Based out of MoD Abbey Wood, a System Security Officer position is available within a skilled and experienced team.
The successful applicant will assist in maintaining the security of the operational systems as part of a wider team and provide excellent opportunities to learn and develop their skills and experience.
This System Security Officer role is primarily based out of Abbey Wood, with opportunities for periods of work in the South of England. The successful applicant will have some background in IT and security, although a desire to learn new skills, procedures and technologies will be essential.
- Maintaining and managing a register of assets
- Working closely with System Manager / Administrators and other Support Staff to ensure secure operation of the system at all times
- Using the Protective Monitoring capability (based around ArcSight)
- Enforcing Security Operating Procedures, maintaining local security instructions and seeking continuous improvement of them
- Liaising with the Project Support Manager over 3rd line support issues
- Ensuring that the System configurations and policies are applied consistently across the Gateway systems.
- Acting as local point of contact for all matters related to security
- Liaising with local site security personnel as required
- Responding to security incidents, including initial investigation, reporting to external agencies such as MODCERT and the Joint Cyber Unit, and support to resolution
- Acting as a point of contact for all matters related to forensic readiness
- Performing regular audits of system accounting logs and physical assets/hardware
- Reporting any system security loopholes, breaches or vulnerabilities which may come to light
- Providing support to regular report production and to the Security Working Group
- Carry out daily / weekly / monthly processes in a timely manner
- Willingness to travel and work independently at customer site
- Practical and self-motivated with a desire to see project success
- Must already have or be prepared to undertake and successfully achieve a DV clearance
- Systems Engineering, Systems Support or Asset Management
- Willingness to provide telephone support out of hours, with occasional visits to site to resolve out of hours issues
Experience (While not essential, a mixture of skills and experience in some of the following areas is desirable):
- Defence/Secure Systems (JSP440)
- Cyber Security knowledge
- Asset Management
- System Security Officer Role
- Windows, Linux, ArcSight
- MS Office / Report writing
- Networking / IP