about 2 months ago
Morson International are looking for a Systems Safety Engineer to work for one of our Aerospace/Defence Clients based in Yeovil, Somerset. This is 6 month contract position.
Undertake development and in-service safety management activities in support of the customer and the suppliers of training systems.
The role has the following key responsibilities:
- Lead on the development of System Safety artefacts and associated documentation in accordance with Defence Standard 00-056 for TS programmes such as the generation of:
- Business Unit/Project/Programme Safety Management Plans.
- Safety assessment of design and influencing design through safety considerations.
- Hazard Identification and Analysis including:
- Preliminary Hazard Identification
- Functional Failure Analysis
- Operating and Support Hazard Analysis
- Occupational Health Hazard Analysis
- Hazard Logs using the Hazard Log tool where applicable.
- Safety Cases, Safety Case Reports and Safety Arguments using Claims, Argument Evidence and Goal Structuring Notation using the Adelard Assurance and Safety Case Environment
- Proactively support customer safety meetings and chair System Safety Working Groups, including the development and review of effective standard work to provide 1st time quality inputs.
- Assist and, where appropriate, lead the programme planning and support for TS safety activities.
- Identify, monitor and execute risks, issues and opportunities and support the development of mitigation plans.
- Identify and apply appropriate safety legislation and regulations
- Proactively support the further development, maintenance, review and update of safety process.