Up to £44.00 per hour
10 days ago
System Modelling & Algorithm Development Engineer required to work on state-of-the-art airborne electronic sensor systems for an advanced fighter aircraft project.
This project will push the boundaries of innovation, technology, and the ingenuity of our engineering community to bring about a step change in performance and capability of our airborne electronic sensor systems.
You will be involved in UK-wide collaboration across multiple business areas including, Electronic Warfare, Radar Systems, and Communication Systems.
* Definition of requirements for control of the elements of sensor systems and central processing of sensor data.
* Perform systems functional analysis and refine architectures of complex multi-sensor and controller systems.
* Development of algorithms for data fusion and innovative processing methods.
* Liaise with sensors and communications technical specialist teams to design mechanisms for control of the elements of the System, and interoperability of sub-systems.
* Perform analysis and modelling to demonstrate the effectiveness of algorithms and control mechanisms.
* Technical reporting of key findings and recommendations for delivery to customers and industry partners.
* Travel within the UK to meet with our customers and industry partners.
* High proficiency in the use of mathematical modelling tools such as MATLAB and Simulink.
* Substantial experience in mathematical modelling of RF, EO / IR sensor and communication systems.
* Strong numerical and analytical ability.
* Ability to cope with a high degree of design complexity and significant levels of uncertainty.
* Knowledge of EW technology, performance, operational capabilities, and use (DAS, EO / IR, Radar, Comms)
* Extensive experience of stakeholder interaction with customers and industrial partners.
* Excellent written and verbal presentation ability.
* Knowledge of architecture frameworks (e.g. SysML) tools (e.g. Enterprise Architect / Rhapsody) and requirements management methods and tools (e.g. DOORS).