about 1 year ago
We seek a System Engineer to work upon Surface Attack Weapon Systems, Products and Components.
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To establish and maintain the source requirements baseline.
- To develop system (functional) designs and architectures to meet these requirements, using SysML.
- To derive and maintain component requirement baselines from these designs.
- To produce design assurance (IVV) strategies and plans.
SKILLS / ABILITY REQUIRED
- Sound understanding of systems engineering process and use of systems methods and tools, including requirements management, system architecture development, system proving, technical studies, etc.
- DOORS for requirements management and Rhapsody (or a similar design tool) for Systems Modelling (preferably using SysML) is required
- System Studies to understand operational concepts, analyse system integration issues, analyse system performance, identify design options, assess design solutions, etc.
- Sub-system design, with particular emphasis on functional architectures. Knowledge of electrical and electronic design would be an advantage. * Seasoned in developing test schedules, plans and procedures.
- Defence or aerospace systems or similar complex engineering projects (for instance, in telecoms, rail, automotive sectors).