Up to £621.50 per day
27 days ago
System Design Lead
* Certification and authorisation of all aspects of requirements devolvement, design, design proving, manufacture, integration and testing.
* Preparation, updating and custody of the system/architectural specifications, drawings and other data associated with the design
* Preparing appropriate certificate of design and its submission for acceptance.
* Ensuring effective engineering processes are utilised in the execution of the project
* Determine the overall systems engineering processes required to achieve technical and programmatic objectives applying broad knowledge of systems engineering
* Application of systems engineering approach and execution of key systems engineering activities
* Engaging with stakeholders, project managers and senior technical staff to ensure customer and business needs are satisfied appropriately and problems are mitigated
* Ensure the Planning, and driving System Integration Activities and Plan
* Instil System Design and Thinking into the organization
* Lead a technical team in support of project objectives, structuring work of others and reviewing output
* Drive change management activities in compliance with business process to manage system level change/defect requests
* Drive technical excellence within the system engineering community & mentor less experienced engineers
* Performing one or more of key systems engineering (e.g. requirements engineering, system design, and/or operation and support) and/or systems engineering management processes
* Anticipate and escalate major problems with appropriate business and professional discipline staff
* Plans and structures own work and the work of the System team under their management
* Understand and applies relevant regulatory, safety and technical standards to work and supports compliance
Particular skills/experience required
1. Practical knowledge of AGILE, DEV OPS and NPI
2. Experience developing world class, market leading products
3. Experience delivering projects on both small and large scales
4. Strong inter-personal and communication skills
5. Strong knowledge sharing and mentoring capabilities
6. Management of delivery plans
7. Ability to create and lead multi-disciplined teams
8. Ability to synthesize information, identify problems, establish facts and deduce solutions
9. Excellent report writing and presentation skills
The applicant is expected to hold, as a minimum, a degree (or an equivalent qualification) in an Engineering-related discipline and have a relevant experience in an appropriate system engineering environment.
Applicants not holding the expected qualification but who have undertaken structured Engineering training recognised by a professional body and have extensive engineering experience will be considered. Applicants are expected to have gained or be working towards professional registration e.g. Chartered Engineer.
SC Clearance is required for this role - candidates will need to hold this currently or be eligible to achieve this prior to starting the role.
Contract will be operating Inside IR35