Up to £38.25 per hour
29 days ago
Our client is seeking contractors to assist with their Maritime Naval ships programmes, supporting the development of the Platform Management System, integration within the Platform and management of the PMS supplier.
- Ability in the Systems Engineering of hardware and software systems
- Requirements Specification and Design - carrying out a full range of technical analyses and investigations, preparing specifications and developing designs.
- Development of distributed and/or Windows based control systems.
- Serial and Discrete Signal Interface Design,
- Has sufficient breadth of knowledge of control system design and the sound judgement needed to be able to contribute to correct trade-off decisions
Skills and Challenges
Ensure effective application of process in assigned areas, including supporting the design, modifications and improvements to processes in accordance with relevant standards, best practice and developing needs
Interprets requirements from contract or other documentation producing specifications and/or instructions. Delivers cost effective data to budget and programme.
- Proven engineering ability in a defence, aerospace, automotive or related industry.
- Proven ability in working collaboratively across multiple product development and specialist domain teams.
- Proficient in the use of Requirement Management tools (e.g. DOORS);
- Possesses knowledge of the fundamentals of Model Based Systems Engineering and SysML.
- Working within at least one of the following Engineering Lifecycle Phases
- Concept of Operations
- Systems Architecture & Design
- Systems Integration and Testing
- Verification / Validation
- Operations and Maintenance
Tasks and Activities:
- Development of technical specifications, including Systems Models and interface definitions.
- Working with Supply Chain to produce Statements of Work and Change Requests to support the ongoing development of the PMS solution
- Work collaboratively with other delivery teams in order to ensure the PMS solution is intertied within the overall Design
- Working with the Systems integration team to ensure that the PMS design supports the Platform Functional Design and Safety Case
- Review of supplier documentation
- Attendance at supplier design reviews and acceptance tests
Working with the Test and Commissioning team to ensure the PMS programme supports the ships setting to work programme
Reporting progress on assigned tasks including predicted completion dates, problems and risks
Working with the supplier and customer to resolve issues.
- Deliver on time and to budget a package of engineering in the form of Technical Engineering Specifications, Functional Specifications, Interface Control Documents, Interface Definitions, drawings, models and other technical outputs and data.
- Design and Assessment Studies
- Technical Reports and Specifications
- Presentation material