0161 707 1516
about 1 month ago
Job Title: System Design Authority (Systems Engineer)
Location: Winfrith, Dorset
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK develop, supply, and support cutting-edge maritime technology for customers worldwide. Based in Winfrith, Dorset, they work closely with the UK Royal Navy and global customers to create products which protect lives at sea. Due to continued success AEUK are looking to recruit a System Design Authority to join their Surface Ships Division.
The scope of the role covers the complete lifecycle of Products from capturing the requirements to installation and then successful handover with the customer. Atlas Elektronik UK has a great reputation in the industry and is a technological leader in the maritime defence sector. This role covers all aspects of the requirements setting, system definition and overseeing solution delivery across the product lifecycle, from requirements capture and analysis through system specification, concept studies, modelling and simulation, design and development, system integration, validation and qualification.
An exciting opportunity to plan, manage and support new and ongoing Maritime projects including unmanned craft, anti-submarine systems, mine warfare, sonar systems and more.
- Ensure the product specifications meet customer requirements
- Manage system specifications
- Plan the development and testing of the product
- Manage technical risks alongside bid/project manager
- Test and acceptance strategy
- Represent the business to 3rd parties
- Responsible for the successful delivery of the system
The candidate will need:
- Previous experience supporting systems and equipment projects in a similar environment:
- Ideally: Systems engineering, sonar and underwater acoustics, maritime security systems, marine technology, mine warfare, anti-submarine warfare, command and control systems)
- Other relevant experience could involve - Satellite Industries, Rail, Automotive, Aerospace, ROV, Subsea Engineering, mining etc.
- Communication, organisational, and leadership skills
- Keen attention to detail
You must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance)
- Professional and friendly team
- New role due to growth
To apply, please follow the relevant buttons on this page. Alternatively, you can contact me via LinkedIn, Charlie Moore working at Morson International.