Manchester, Greater Manchester
£50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus + benefits
18 days ago
Morson International is working with a leader in Maritime Management Software and are expanding their team within the Cruise business unit. We are now recruiting for a:
Software Project Consultant, Cruise
- The Consultant is a member of the Client Services team. The role involves close collaboration with the Manager of Client Services, Project Managers and other Team Members in the timely execution of assigned project deliverables to clients. The Consultant will be expected to work on several concurrent project tasks, being able to deploy/deliver products (and services) as well as advising clients how to use products to meet their business objectives or overcome problems.
- The Consultant should possess a clear understanding of functionality for multiple supported products and/or applications and of the practical business processes customers use when implementing and operating the supported products.
- The development of strong and intimate relationships with customers is crucial in order to ensure that the services delivered is derived as adding value to the customer.
The primary responsibility of the Consultant is the provision of providing technical solutions and managing relationships with the Cruise client base. The Consultant shall be responsible for solution deployments, implementations and integrations of a variety of our product lines, in addition to value added consultancy services. The Consultant is regarded as a technical expert, a trusted advisor to our client base with an entrepreneurial drive and passion for client management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provides detailed advice and guidance to customers in the effective use of systems, products and services available to them; demonstrates ingenuity in applying knowledge to non-standard situations;
- Identification & Analysis of Client Business Processes and Requirements;
- Compilation of Database Specifications & Business Process Documents;
- System Configuration and Testing;
- Explores, evaluates and proposes new business opportunities;
- Provide technical support/assistance to account managers for quotes/bids when required;
- Performing on-site visits where required (implementation, training, trouble-shooting);
- Execution of assigned Operations (Consultancy and/or Project) tasks where directed by the Director of Client Services;
- Creation of Bespoke Documentation for both internal and/or external use;
- Provision of Standard or Bespoke Training courses (onsite or off-site);
- System Quality Assurance Testing (i.e. patch testing, upgrade testing, etc;
- Strictly comply with the company policies;
- Strictly comply with the communication protocol as per reporting line.
- Passion for delivering excellence in customer service;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; English is mandatory and other languages is desirable;
- Demonstrate a general understanding of architecture and infrastructure for client software as well as any peripheral products;
- Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems;
- Knowledge of Information systems/Technology;
- Detail-oriented with an ability to work independently;
- Relational databases (Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase Adaptive Server Anyware, Oracle);
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong customer management skills and must be confident and effective in the delivery of any product training or functional demonstrations;
- Previous experience with project management software and methodology a plus.
- Experience with Planned Maintenance/Asset Management applications preferable;
- Sea-going experience or knowledge/understanding of maritime business processes;
- Knowledge of Programming Languages (.NET, C++, etc);
- Knowledge of SQL;
- Previous team leadership experience.
For further information please contact Matthew Owen at Morson International.