Manchester, Greater Manchester
10 months ago
My client is currently recruiting a Sustainability Consultant with BREEAM experience on a contract or permanent basis.
The candidate will be responsible for providing the companies BREEAM offering and provide sustainability support. The candidate will be directly involved in the management of all BREEAM assessments, collation of BREEAM evidence, formal reporting, submission to the BRE and certification. The candidate will be required to produce detailed sustainability reports and drive the sustainability agenda within the business.
Given the requirements of the role, the candidate must have a keen interest in sustainability and a base understanding of the impacts of buildings on aspects such as climate change and energy consumption. Organisational skills and an analytical approach to project delivery are a must, alongside an ability to work well within a team. Prior experience in BREEAM is a perquisite for this role.
Core duties and responsibilities:
* Keen interest in sustainability and the built environment and a base understanding of the impacts of buildings on the UK environment
* An organized individual who is able to manage their time effectively produce work of a high quality
* Able to prioritise workload and operate systematically.
* Easy to work with, and be able to liaise and communicate effectively with external consultants, design team members and contractors
* Working knowledge of Microsoft excel (advanced knowledge not required for this role)
* Good written English is essential for this role
* BREEAM Assessments
* Excellent report writing skills.
To be considered for the role, you will have:-
* BSc/BEng (or equivalent) in an appropriate environmental/sustainability/building services discipline
* Experience in the management and delivery of BREEAM Assessments in line with project programmes
* Attending design meetings and liaising with clients
* Hold a BREEAM Qualification such as New Construction 2014/2018. Hold a BREEAM Accredited Professional would be advantageous. Non-domestic EPC or SAP qualifications would also be favourable however not essential.
* Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
* PC literate including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel