SURVIVABILITY ENGINEERS Contract & Permanent roles
SURVIVABILITY ENGINEERS - CONTRACTS & PERMANENT ROLES
Contracts home based with visits to Telford in Shropshire.
Permanent home based when Covid clears to be based Full Time at Telford in Shropshire.
As a Survivability Engineer, you will be helping to develop, test, field and support survivability solutions. In response to both internal and customer requirements you will assess and analyse options to provide leading edge engineering solutions appropriate for deployment on a range of platforms. Survivability is a key aspect of the Challenger 2 Life Extension Programme (CR2 LEP). The changes and upgrades being introduced offer a wide range of interesting opportunities in diverse survivability areas ranging conventional passive armour systems to areas such as the latest active protection developments, fire suppression and laser warning capabilities..
AT THE COAL FACE: TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Undertaking survivability assessments and developing solutions to meet customer requirements involving; survivability balancing, vulnerability/threat analysis, ballistic calculation and analysis, blast assessment etc.
- Development, integration and evaluation of the latest survivability technologies in fields such as Fire Detection and Suppression Systems (FDSS), Laser Warning Systems (LWS), Active Protection Systems (APS), blast and ballistic armour protection and utilisation of signature management techniques.
- Generating mechanical design concepts, specifications, solutions and technical data packs.
- Conducting survivability trials and testing activities in key areas such as blast, ballistics, fire suppression and the wider survivability field, including the development of trials hardware, plans and reports.
- Developing company Survivability capability through opportunities to conduct research and development via internal private venture programmes, liaising with academia, technology suppliers and Subject Matter Experts both within the UK MoD and the wider survivability community.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Engineering, materials or physics background with ability in analytical evaluation, problem solving and engineering design.
- Proven ability within a complex engineering environment such as: defence, automotive, aerospace, nuclear, etc.
- Proven ability in planning, estimating and operating small to medium projects.
- Enthusiastic and dedicated outlook with the desire to develop personally and the ability to operate both independently and as part of a wider project team.
- CAD skills - ability to interrogate models and construct concepts.
- Good written and verbal presentation skills.
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) or other modelling and simulation capabilities - MATLAB etc.
- Previous land military platform domain history.