Up to £18.66 per hour
0161 707 1516
2 months ago
Morson International currently has a vacancy for a Survival Equipment Fitter to work at RAF Northolt (HA4 6NG) to cover maternity leave. The role involves undertaking various maintenance/preparation tasks on Survival Equipment used on various military aircraft in accordance with the Military Aviation Authority's MRP145 Regulations.
The role is required to work flexibly, as part of a 2 person team, in support of the mission at RAF Northolt ensuring excellent contract service delivery which facilitates the safe and effective operation and maintenance of Survival Equipment across the site. Due to the small team and nature of the role, the job will involve some lone working so an ability to work on one's initiative with a 'can do' attitude is essential.
The role is accountable to the SLH Survival Equipment Section operating at the site. Working hours are a 37.5 hr week, Mon - Fri with the flexibility of some call out's at any other time.
- Servicing and maintenance/repair tasks on Survival Equipment.
- Working within competencies and company authorisations as agreed with engineering management.
- Completion of supporting aircraft documentation in accordance with RAF aviation engineering procedures.
- Awareness on the principles of Health and Safety working practices.
- Compliance with the implementation in the workplace of COSHH regulations and the reading of safety data sheets of materials utilised during tasks.
- Timely reporting of H&S related issues that require management attention