Birmingham, West Midlands
£18000 - £24000 per annum
29 days ago
Our client is seeking a Survey Coordinator within our Ecology discipline to join our dynamic and forward-thinking ecology team based in the heart of Birmingham's vibrant city centre. This is a fantastic opportunity to further your career within an established and successful business that has welfare and wellbeing as core values.
The Central England Ecology Team is unique in that whilst we enjoy the benefits and security of a large corporation, we work as a small close-knit ecology consultancy.
As a Scheduling Coordinator you'll be reliable, hard-working, organised and pro-active, in order to help you manage a busy workload.
Role Responsibilities may include:
* Assisting with creating the weekly survey schedule and updating the land access comments that get sent out to help surveyors.
* Resourcing surveyors for the schedule in line with their competencies or relevant licenses
* Assisting the scheduling team to coordinate all surveys for EWC North and other projects.
* Liaising with internal team and being the main point of contact for surveyors and the clients
* Land access checks- using GIS to check pond locations and access requirements.
* Submitting land access requests for ecological surveys onto a database.
* Keeping an up to date record of calls/ correspondence with all landowners/ site managers to be able to report which land we have accessed to client on a weekly basis.
* Working with large data sets and being able to coordinate this efficiently
* Dealing and working with Construction Site Managers to advise them of the forecasted workload
* Answer surveyor queries (usually by phone) on land access for their surveys. usually where to park/ is there a path nearby I can use/what land is legally accessible.
* Produce comprehensive summaries and reports that can be shared within the team and with the clients.
The ideal candidate will:
* Will be able to work under pressure, prioritise workloads and work towards tight deadlines
* Possess a strong eye for detail and excellent communication skills required, as well having the ability to adapt to different tasks.
* Be approachable, being able to work well in a team as well as individually
* Be confident to ask for help and advice where needed
* Excellent Microsoft Excel skills as well as other MS programs
* Have knowledge of cloud-based file-sharing systems (e.g. Google Apps).
* Database management skills and the ability to create dashboards and data queries is strongly desired.
*Have a can-do attitude and willingness to tackle operational challenges.
* You will have a BSc in a relevant subject;
* Experience of working in a similar coordination or administrative role would be beneficial (does not necessarily have to have an environmental background)