Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £10.00 per hour
3 months ago
My client is actively seeking two Graduate Project Assistants to support the busy Birmingham ecology team. They are working on a large number of ecology surveys for several large infrastructure projects and require motivated, ambitious people to help them gain access to sites so they can complete surveys. The successful candidates will be working within the land access team, liaising with ecologists and project managers, checking access details, arranging surveys, producing letters and ringing landowners, updating databases and spreadsheets, and attending internal and external meetings with clients and stakeholders.
The role will be based in Birmingham city centre just off New Street. The Birmingham ecology office (one of three offices in Birmingham) is a dynamic lively and collaborative environment, with a large team comprising graduate environmentalists and ecologists, senior ecologists, land access coordinators and project managers.
No previous relevant experience is required, although a degree in geography, natural and environmental sciences would be useful, as would skills obtained through a business qualification or administrative work experience. The experience will help the individual gain valuable relevant experience in project management, land access and ecological surveys and scheduling.
- Updating and managing the land access database (Excel spreadsheet);
- Producing and issuing 7-day notifications (letters) and maps to land owners;
- Ringing land owners to confirm access and to find out about site-specific conditions / requirements;
- Updating surveyors with land access information and producing map and guides to help them find the sites and gain safe access;
- Attending various meetings with the client and other stakeholders;
- Creating and issuing reports;
- Updating the project management team with progress and anticipating issues that may arise;
- Attendance at team meetings and client meetings.Minimum Qualification Good IT skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Word)Good communicator, both written and oral
- If you wish to leanr more about the above please forward your CV
- Detail oriented and results-driven
- Self-starter, pro-active and motivated
- Specific Skills Required
- Graduate (business, engineering, law, geography or any of the natural or environmental sciences) and / or with relevant administrative experience.
Please contact Charlotte Kirton on 0161 707 1516 for more information