18 days ago
Surveillance Engineer, Permanent, Bristol
The Manufacturing Surveillance Engineer will be required to perform the Intelligent Customer role - reviewing and accepting manufacturing surveillance programmes issued by contracted agencies. This includes the review of manufacturing related technical and quality control documentation and in-factory inspection activities. You will be required to both coordinate and monitor these sub-contracted activities and also lead the technical review of supplier manufacturing documentation done by internal stakeholders, support convergence meetings and be involved in technical arbitration when necessary. Occasionally, you will be required to undertake infactory inspections, issue inspection reports, and participate in manufacturing progress meetings.
Nature and Scope
The Manufacturing Surveillance Engineer will work in the Manufacturing Inspection and Testing (MIT)
department in the HPC project, acting as the Intelligent Customer on behalf of the Licensee organisation for the technical oversight of manufacturing activities carried out by the supply chain. You will be required to develop and maintain effective relationships with these inspection agencies as well as suppliers and a wide range of internal stakeholders, so a flexible attitude, excellent communication skills and ability to build strong working relationships is essential. You will closely work with, report to, and act under the responsibility of the Manufacturing Surveillance Manager (Bristol).
- Deliver manufacturing surveillance programmes per contract based on a graded approach of equipment safety function and project importance
- Coordinate, monitor and improve the efficiency of manufacturing documentation review and inspection activities performed by sub-contracted inspection agencies
- Coordinate and lead the internal review and acceptance of manufacturing documentation provided by contractors
- Ensure supplier quality control requirements are adequately specified within contract documentation submitted in the Invitation To Tender.
- Establish and check planned inspection witness and hold points marked in the supplier inspection and test plans / quality plans and monitor their completion.
- Perform in-factory manufacturing inspection when required (UK, France or worldwide)
- Support the HPC project Quality Systems team through the monitoring and technical resolution of manufacturing non-conformances
- Support the review and delivery of the end of manufacturing records, leading to the quality release of equipment to the HPC construction site
- Support to Project Managers by reporting on progress of manufacturing surveillance activities and raising issues
- Produce quality documentation (e.g. specifications, procedures) as required
- Maintain knowledge and expertise in nuclear codes and quality control standards and practices and collaborate within the Group
Knowledge & Skills
· Competent in the inspection of mechanical and pressure equipment.
Understanding of quality control and manufacturing processes in a highly regulated environment.
· Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and suppliers.
· Able to keep accurate records.
· Able to produce clear and concise reports.
· Decision making capability for resolution of manufacturing issues.
· Excellent organisational skills. The ability to speak French.