Crawley, West Sussex
£42.00 - £45.00 per hour
8 months ago
Supportability (ILS) Engineer
Contract: Initially 3 Months
Pay rate: £42.00 - £45.00 Ltd per hour
Working as a member of the Through Life Engineering (TLSE) Supportability Team the engineer will carry out traditional ILS activities in support of, specifically, Unmanned Air Vehicle based equipment from 'cradle-to-grave' with a focus on RM&T.
* Work as an effective team member. Undertake and take ownership of day-to-day ILS engineering activities ensuring their delivery on-time, to budget and quality.
* Support, share and contribute to the exercising of best practice in the Team. Through the merit of your own actions and performance, consistently demonstrate the value of Supportability Engineering to our customers.
* Reliability and Maintainability focused engineering to analyse fielded data and make recommendations and changes to design and maintenance procedures.
* Preparation / management / overhaul of RCM and LORA leading to recommended updates to the Master Maintenance Schedule.
* Work with customer and end user to highlight front line issues that affect system availability, recommend changes to procedures and follow through with updates to processes and procedures. Analysis of trending data to manage design changes required to improve reliability based on fielded data.
* Work with the customer to streamline our reliability programme and focus on useful data, work out what they need to see and to present the information.
* Support of occasional off-site trials in Wales, Lark Hill or Boscombe Down.
* The role may additionally have need for Project-specific skills and proven ability as agreed with Project and Functional Management.
* Ideally a user (REME) background.
* Proven ability with Airworthiness aspects of Reliability, Safety and Design and Maintenance of Air Vehicles.
* Conversant with RELEX
* Conversant with Microsoft Office Toolset
WE SEEK A SUPPORTABILITY (ILS) ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY/DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT/INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)