Up to £45.43 per hour
4 months ago
Working within an ILS Engineering team you will have delegated responsibility for the delivery of Supportability work packages, across a range of projects, in accordance with company processes and contractual requirements. As an Engineer with a strong ILS background and seasoned in Reliability, Maintainability and Safety Analysis, you will be expected to use your knowledge and expertise to make a substantial individual contribution to programme deliverables.
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work alongside internal / external stakeholders to understand user needs and requirements.
- Write R&M and Safety Plans.
- Carry out R&M and safety Analysis and produce reports.
- Draw on own knowledge and expertise to develop technical solutions at all stages of the lifecycle, but with a focus on early intervention to influence product design.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Detailed understanding of Supportability Engineering in the defence environment with experience of planning and delivering activities throughout the lifecycle.
- Awareness across UK, US and European standards with an ability to extract relevant contract requirements and advise on tailoring the ILS work package.
- Solid understanding of a variety of ILS tasks but especially R&M prediction, FMECA, Hazard Analysis.
- Familiarity with a range of common toolsets such as OPUS, Windchill (Relex), FaultTree+.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK A SUPPORTABILITY ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)