Crawley, West Sussex
£30 - £37.11 per hour
8 months ago
Supportability Engineer (ILS Engineer)
Contract: 5 months
Rate: £37.11 P/H (inclusive of holiday pay- PAYE)
An aerospace and defence organisation are looking to add an experienced Supportability engineer to the TLSE (Through Life Support Engineering) / Supportability Team. The successful candidate will provide support to customers across the UK.
The successful Supportability Engineer (ILS Engineer) will have the following responsibilities
* Working with the Programme, Product &Bid managers to optimise the work required to meet the needs of the customers / Bid requirements and the available budget.
* Carrying out that work to the agreed budget, schedule and technical requirements
* Collaborating with the ILS SME's to achieve contract milestones
* Work with Design Engineers and Programme Management Team to leverage opportunities, manage risks and optimise financial performance and Through- Life cost of ownership
* Support, share and contribute to the exercising of best practise in the team/. Through the merit of your own actions and performance consistently demonstrate the value of supportability Engineering to customers.
* Carry out Through- Life and spares modelling
* Reliability and maintainability Focused engineering to analyse fielded data and make recommendations and changes to design and maintenance procedures
* Create and maintain ILS plans and Reliability Case Reports
* Preparation / Management / Overhaul of RCM & LORA leading to recommended updates to the master maintenance schedule, electronic publications and LSAR
* Work with customers and end user to highlight front line issues that affect the systems availability, recommend changes to procedures and follow through with updates to processes and procedures. Analysis of trending data to manage design changes required to improve reliability based on fielded data.
The successful Supportability Engineer (ILS Engineer) should have the following skills and attributes
* Proven ability of ILS Engineering
* Proven understanding of LSAR Database creation and maintenance (EAGLE)
* Proven understanding of Logistics Support Analysis
* Proven understanding of Reliability Maintainability and Testability Studies (RM&T)
* Proven understanding of FMECA
* Proven understanding of DRACAS