Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £0.00 per hour + Negotiable
Rail Technical Team
27 days ago
12 Months +
Our client are a global engineering, construction and project management company who deliver landmark projects that create long-term progress and economic growth. Their expertise includes Infrastructure, Mining & Metals, Nuclear, Security, Environmental, Oil, Gas & Chemicals in 160 countries on all seven continents. The company and culture are built on over a century of leadership and relentless adherence to values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics and integrity.
Reporting to the Project Manager you would be responsible for the development in the coordination of project activities related to the production of Baseline 2 for the Project. The Support Project Manager will support the delivery of processes and tasks relevant to successful delivery of the project as a whole.
- Coordinate with the project Controls Planner to collect and report weekly progress updates against the work-streams, including, but not limited to: Cost estimate, Delivery schedule, Value engineering opportunities;Scope changes;Risk and Benefits.
- Update and maintain the actions log, recording actions as they are raised either internal to the project or from external interfaces. Follow up on action closures with responsible parties, maintaining a detailed record of updates against actions and preparing action review / closure sessions as required.
- Develop / improve reporting tools / methods to coordinate the delivery and outputs and support management of the outputs.
- Prepare and maintain presentation materials as required to assist communication of activities and critical issues at various levels, for example: Cost Waterfalls, What-if strategy scenarios, Board papers, Progress and status updates.
- Maintain and update the Project Execution Plan, including tracking of review actions and governance.
- Attend, minute and track actions at the Working Group meetings.
- Attend project coordination meetings to keep up to date with project developments and feed into Working Group.
- Maintain and coordinate responses to programme-level risk registers.
- Coordinate with Sponsorship Lead and Engineering Interface Manager to maintain and track project scope and develop the Baseline Scope Book.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERTISE:
- Experience in an engineering environment
- Previous experience of managing activities within a Programme
- Exposure to Document Management Systems
- Must have experience of managing stakeholders, partners, councils, clients etc and must have excellent communications skills
- Understanding of the aspects of project delivery