Samlesbury - 12 month contract - £35 p/h Ltd
A vacancy has arisen for a Support Engineer based in Samlesbury. The successful candidate will undertake preparation, research, production and subsequent maintenance of Aircraft Initial Provisioning Lists (IPL's). In addition, you will provide technical support and a query answering service to the customer and liaise with various technical and support departments on aspects related to Initial Provisioning.
As a Support Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- The research, preparation, production, provisioning and subsequent maintenance of technical documentation/data for a wide range of aircraft in-service operation and maintenance activities.
- Produce IPL data to the guidelines of AvP70 & ASD2000M and Enhanced Procurement System Standard Supply Procedures (EPS SSP's).
- Close liaison with all aspects of Tornado/Typhoon Aircraft engineering, through the interaction with engineering personnel and/or the interrogation of contributory engineering databases.
- Additional responsibilities include liaison, support and advice to equipment suppliers.
- IPLCompilation Engineers work alongside technical illustrators in the creation of new and amended illustrations as these are a critical part of the technical data.
- Configuration Control of all published data and the creation/maintenance of a job audit trail.
As a Support Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering drawings would be an advantage.
- Experience of publications toolsets an advantage.
- ONC or equivalent in relevant engineering discipline.
- IT literacy is essential.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- The position requires an individual with a high degree of self-motivation, and also the ability to pay particular attention to the quality and integrity of the data produced and product safety.