Your experience as a Support Engineer will have an immediate impact on my client. You will be the main point of contact for any issues raised by front line engineers or the end customer on any allocated Support Service contract.
- Coordinate & assist first line support engineers with hardware repair & overall, software defects and other arising technical issues
- Arrange external support visits within the scope of the requirement & budget available,
- Support the Customer with the management of software issues and upgrades, including prioritisation and co-ordination with internal departments and external suppliers.
- Work with internal departments and external suppliers to ascertain solutions to arising failures, ensuring compliance with local standards and procedures
- Provide obsolescence monitoring, service bulletins and reports interfacing with PSE Obsolescence departments, maintaining configuration control of delivered systems
- Prepare & deliver Recommended Spare Parts Lists
- Provide issue lifecycle reporting and control through the web-based support interface
- Produce statistics and analysis periodically of reported issues against associated projects, though a periodical report and/or presentation
- Educated as an aeronautical or computing engineer to HNC level, served an Aeronautical or Computing Engineering apprenticeship or equivalent military aeronautical engineering experience.
- Basic knowledge of the helicopter avionics, mechanical systems and behaviour;
- Knowledge and experience with synthetic training devices (Aircrew and Maintenance)
- Experience and understanding of the complexities of delivering a Training Service preferred.
- Basic knowledge of;
- DB managers (MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, postgreSQL, MongoDB, Access)
- Virtual Private Networks & Remote Desktop Connection/ VNC Viewer
- HTML and XML
- Linux operating systems
- Operative knowledge;
- Virtual Machines (VMware, VirtualBox)
- LAN configuration and troubleshooting
Location - Yeovil
Keywords: Support Engineer, Aeronautical, Avionics, Synthetic, Software, Hardware