Up to £300.00 per day + Rate on application
9 months ago
To create / revise documented Work Instruction and / or Technical Information in an effective and efficient way to agreed timelines and quality requirements.
Major Tasks and Activities:
* Accountable to the Technical Documentation Project Manager
* Responsible for the timely delivery of completed Technical Documentation in accordance with plan and to the required standard.
* Review of available Technical Information.
* Conduct of information Gap Analysis.
* Engage internal stakeholders, including but not limited to Operations staff, to accurately capture practice and deconflict as required.
* Engage Design Authorities and OEM's to provide supporting information.
* Review associated reference standards and Industry standards, referencing where pertinent.
* Manage related responses and queries.
* Raise Technical Query Notes (TQNs) and Technical Information Notes (TINs) as required.
* Support the identification and implementation of related, new or amended engineering processes and procedures.
* Ensure effective communication to all internal stakeholders
* Liaise with all external stakeholders necessary to deliver your outputs
* Provide support to Transformation and Continuous Improvement activities
* Provide support to innovation projects
* Provide information and input to monthly reporting
* The timely delivery of Technical Documentation in accordance with plan and to the required standard.
* Effective management of responsible elements of the project.
* Report regularly to the Project Manager.
* Other related tasks and projects as required.
HNC (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline
Recent, proven experience of a similar role.
* Proven Technical writing ability.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
* Good creative thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
* Able to work under pressure
* The ability to share knowledge with team members
* Comfortable working across a multi-disciplined environment
* Flexible, can do attitude
* Leadership Performance - focusing on efficient and effective delivery and achievement of goals and targets to meet defined business aims.
* Leading Innovation and Change - Embraces change by inspiring people to identify and make changes that maximise business success. Encourages and fosters continuous improvement and sharing of best practices.
* Leading Culture - Creating an organisational culture of high performance and excellence, by demonstrating the Babcock values and behaviours. Embracing and promoting workplace diversity by conducting business to the highest standards off honesty and integrity.
* Willingness to undertake travel in UK, as required in support of project.
* Carries out any other appropriate task that may be required from time to time
* Employees are responsible for their own Health and Safety and that of work colleagues and also trainees in their care
* The nature of Defence & Security business requires a high degree of flexibility for all staff there may be a requirement for travel between sites within the UK.