Anglesey, Isle of Anglesey
£43000 - £46000 per annum
17 days ago
The Support Bays Manager is responsible to the Hawk 145 Development and Standards Manager and the Hawk Off-Aircraft Engineering Support Manager for all aspects of the products and/or services they deliver and for adherence to the maintenance programme. They hold the relevant delegated maintenance authority for their areas of responsibility. They are responsible for the leadership, management and co-ordination of all areas and people under their control. The Support Bays Manager is responsible for ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements.
The Support Bays Manager is responsible for:
* Ensuring the effective leadership of Part 145 activities by setting delivery targets, monitoring progress and developing performance improvement programmes
* Ensuring all tasked maintenance has been carried out IAW the Statement of Work, using the AMC documentation set as defined within the current MOE using the latest approved technical data.
* Ensuring all Part 145 activities are appropriately documented and the appropriate airworthiness records are maintained on relevant systems (IT/paper based).
* Ensure all Part 145 activities are performed by suitably qualified, experienced and authorised personnel.
* Assisting with support staff interviews to ensure staff are competent to hold the relevant authorisations.
* Accountability for the service delivery to the Head of Fleet Operations via the Engineering Support Manager.
* Provides leadership and direction to team members demonstrating sound and comprehensive communication and people management skills. Ensuring that currency and recency records are maintained, capturing experience and all technical training of maintenance personnel.
* Lead Part 145's compliance and its associated procedures and standards, and any other company procedures and standards, as applicable. Drive and implement change as required, whilst ensuring compliance.
* Liaising with appropriate personnel when maintenance latitudes are to be extended.
* Informing the Contract Manager of all deficiencies in manpower, equipment or performance that could adversely affect the ability of the Company to meet its contracted obligations efficiently and economically.
* Lead the application of Human Factors, Error Management, Risk Management and Safety Assurance within the Part 145.
* Ensuring the Head of Fleet Operations via the Engineering Support Manager is informed of any condition of an aircraft or component which could create a flight safety hazard.
* Ensure all Part 145 activities are compliant with the AM&S Governance and Assurance Framework. Manage audit findings in a timely and appropriate manner. Generate, deliver and implement effective improvements to overcome any non-compliance and monitor effectiveness.
* Lead compliance with all applicable contractual requirements
* Implementing company procedures with regard to the following;
* Discipline, dismissal, sickness and other personnel matters.
* Industrial relations matters.
* Breeches of security (Physical and Cyber), both Military and Commercial.
* Assist with the management of Staff Performance & Development
* Assist with the management of Staff Recruitment
* Assist with the Training & Development of staff
* Maintaining engineering standards as detailed in MAOS MAI MRP PART 145 MAINTENANCE ORGANISATION EXPOSITION (MOE) & MRP 145 Approval Supporting Documents
* All staff are to ensure that they maintain the standard of security policies and procedures as stipulated within Station and Hawk Security Standing Orders.
What do you need to do the role?
* 5 Years practical experience and expertise in the application of aviation safety standards and safe operating practices
* 2 Years relevant work experience within the aircraft maintenance environment working at a senior supervisory level
* A relevant Engineering qualification, such as a HND/HNC
* 6 months experience on type (in the last two years)
* Hold the necessary management qualifications
* Demonstrable experience or working within an aviation environment with a sound knowledge of Military Aviation Safety
* SMS 'A' & SMS 'B'
* Full UK Driving Licence
* Working knowledge and use of IT Operating Systems (MS Office Suite) and the Internet.
* Security clearance to SC level