Negotiable PAYE / Umbrella or Ltd
3 months ago
An exciting opportunity has opened within the Procurement operations organisation for the position of Supply Officer based at Broughton. This is a perfect opportunity to work on a dynamic network between Broughton Plant, the Final Assembly Lines and the Procurement world.
The successful candidate will drive supplier performance across the end to end supply chain in a fast-moving, digital environment.
This role manages a portfolio of suppliers in support of all Wing Programmes.
The key mission of the Supply Officer is:
1. Daily management of the supplier portfolio using existing business tools and future digitisation means:
- Anticipation of risks and drive mitigation actions
- Demand and forecast control
- Communicate effectively to internal customers and external suppliers
- Supply chain prioritisation
- Challenge Supplier performance
- Lead & Drive Supplier recoveries
- Understand and define the optimal ordering characteristics and strategy
- Specify and use of process automation
- Use data management tools to drive decisions in the supply chain
- Order Book Management and maintaining MRP Master Data
- Co-ordinate Supplier Working Parties
2. Interact trans nationally with suppliers (remotely and/or at suppliers) and proactively operate in a procurement community as partner to the Supply Chain Quality Manager and Commercial Buyer
3. Be the 1st point of contact for supply chain queries from operations.
4. Own and Optimise Procured Goods Stock.
5. Create the future: Support Supply chain and Logistics Transformation projects
Desired skills and education:
* Solid experience ideally in one of the following areas: Supply Chain, Procurement, Manufacturing Engineering, Design Engineering.
* Experience in the use and deployment of Digital solutions/tools
* Experience of transnational working
* MRP expertise and experience of SAP in a manufacturing environment
* Expertise in problem solving.
* Good team work ethic
* Project management and LEAN experience.
* Ability to communicate at all levels of the business
* Willingness to travel and flexibility
* Education in supply chain management: APICS or equivalent