7 months ago
The SOM will be the primary interface with nominated Supplier(s) and responsible for the relationship between the supplier and the company. The SOM will also be fully responsible for managing the purchase phase of the supply chain core process and deliver equipments to projects on time, to cost and fulfilling all performance and quality requirements and provide support to all aspects of the Supply Chain process for Equipments and participate in schedule and cost improvement initiatives within the business and with suppliers.
The role involves but is not limited to the following:
- OQOT delivery of equipments from suppliers
- Day-to-day management of contract implementation (multi-project, international); timely and accurate reporting to PSMs; facilitate appropriate technical interaction between project (MSC/MPC) and supplier
- Identifying risks and proposing/agreeing mitigating actions
- Quality responsibility for EQSR, PDR, CDR, MRR, TRR, TRB/SRB & DRB. Management of NCR's and RFWD and chairing of NRB's. Quality interface for MIP's, EEE and M&P. To provide support to quality audits as required.
- Completion of annual supplier evaluation
- Local follow-up/support to development plans (defined by SDM)
- Primary interface to the Project/Product Supply Manager (PSM) into projects
- Manage all aspects of the subcontract execution, in particular is accountable for OQ OT OC delivery of equipments and related documentation & services
- Perform the follow-up of the supplier progress from Kick Off to delivery and act as the interface between supplier and Project Supply Manager all the way to the delivery point of the equipment to Flight stores/AIT.
- Manage the Subcontracts/Requisitions/Purchase Orders/Invoicing
- Report to PSM programmes/projects on progress, risk, schedule and cost and quality management.
- Integrate Supplier reporting methodology in to Project reporting process, agree best process between Project and Supplier
- Integrate Supplier schedule in to Project Master Schedule , provide weekly update to Project Schedule and attend weekly Project Reviews
- Report on/manage assigned Work Packages (including budget) and on individual equipment status; progress, technical issues, PA issues including EEE.
- Manage the flow of change requests and change notices to and from the supplier during this phase; ensure compliance of suppliers to the Terms and Conditions of the contract.
- Negotiate change requests with the Supplier, minimise cost and schedule impact
- Keep Sub-Contract department informed of status
- Liaise with Export Control Department to ensure fulfillment and supplier compliance of export control regulations such as ITAR
- Prepare for MRR and TRR, prepare draft minutes, execute MRR/TRR meetings to assure manufacturing/test facility readiness and complete MRR/TRR process with this issue of minutes. Manage Actions raised through to closure
- Conduct the acceptance and delivery process TRB/SRB
- Ensure Test data received and reviewed by Procurement and Engineering.
- Ensure initial EIDP received and reviewed
- Prepare TRB minutes, execute TRB meeting and complete TRB process with this issue of minutes. Manage Actions raised through to closure
- Inform Goods-In of pending equipment arrival
- Ensure Supplier provides a CoC with each equipment delivery.
- Ensure that DRBs are completed in line with subcontract/project needs. Prepare for DRB, prepare draft minutes, execute DRB meeting and complete DRB process with this issue of minutes. Manage DRB Actions raised through to final project closure.
- Update and add information to the Equipment Supply Database to maintain a current level of knowledge on suppliers, competitors and RFP's/projects to enable the supply relationship to be managed by the Supply Relationship Managers.
- Undertake all PA aspects through the procurement process
- Ensure appropriate flow down of requirements
- Ensure contractual QA requirements are understood and followed
- Lead manufacturing, test, acceptance and delivery reviews
- Perform verification/inspection of hardware, as required
- Ensure all EEE and M&P reviews are monitored and reports on any issues
- Report on the status of qualifications, LAT's and RVT's
- Manage the Alert and Warning Notice process with Suppliers through to closure
- Manage the distribution of NCR's from Suppliers to Project and Customers. Enter NCR data into the company NCR system. Provide NCR status reports to the project and Customers via the PSM. Manage timely resolution of supplier non-conformances, including close out actions.
- Undertake the review of non-conformance report statistics to endure feedback is provided to Design/Manufacturing/specialists. Carry out second closure reviews and implement into lessons learnt.
- Provide inputs the risk ranking/supplier surveillance process and development (SED) process.
- Provide frequent updates on progress related to the execution of the contract and input metrics to measure the performance of the supplier
Qualifications & Experience
- HND/Degree in a relevant Engineering subject
- Experience in a Defence/Aerospace environment with commercial/project/Quality management background
- Advanced level of Microsoft office applications
- Knowledge of product assurance principles. Awareness of appropriate standards for space, ESA, ECSS, DSCC, MIL etc plus REACH
- Knowledge of Company Quality Systems AS9100, ISO 9001, ISO 14001
- Willingness to travel as and when required