£27.00 - £30.00 per hour + Limited
about 2 months ago
JOB ALERT: Supply Chain Specialist
Morson International are recruiting for an experienced Supply Chain Specialist for a leading aerospace client to be located in Camberley.
This role is required to support the Supply Chain Planning team within the Global Fleet Care European Service Centre, supporting our commitments for various airline customers.
The primary responsibility is to ensure materials required for maintenance activities and defects are available when required as per the planned maintenance schedules.
This requires close co-ordination across multiple departments, including Maintenance Planning and the Technical Operations Centre, to ensure material availability in a cost effective manner, whilst still achieving our service level and dispatch reliability commitments.
Key Requirements of this role:
- Handling of ordering and shipments to support regular scheduled maintenance and defect activities, for both 737 & 787 customers.
- Handling of ordering and shipments to support heavy check maintenance activities, for both 737 & 787 customers.
- Management, planning and cross departmental co-ordination of short to mid-term life limited component replacements.
- Management, planning and cross departmental co-ordination of long term life limited component replacements (landing gear replacements, etc.).
- Co-ordination of material for new aircraft deliveries (entry into service modifications)
- Identification and implementation of 'kitting' opportunities (for example for heavy checks and large workpacks), to streamline the planning and supply process.
- Experience in Airline / Aviation MRO materials management and supply chain logistics disciplines preferred, but not essential.
- Supply Chain / Logistics qualifications such as MCIPS or CILT preferred, but not essential
- Must hold a valid passport and driving license.
- Travel infrequent, however may be required to support on site activities for aircraft maintenance and customer / supplier visits.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and able to project a positive customer interface at all times.
- Ability to adapt and make quick decisions in high pressure, dynamic situations.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and with minimum direct supervision.
- Good organisational & presentation skills.
- Analytically minded and comfortable in dealing with data.
- Fluency in written and verbal English.
* NB - working pattern is 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.