£0.00 - £27.50 per hour
2 months ago
Morson International is looking for Supply Chain Specialist for our client based in Filton, Bristol
Purpose of role:
To direct and manage all the procurement activities within integrated project teams, for the delivery of multiple cross-functional engagements from RFI/ RFQ stage through to project and product lifecycle.
The role includes the management of contracts and purchase orders, contract documentation, document management systems, engagement and management of suppliers, interactions with internal project teams and other stakeholders to deliver project/business objectives.
- Manage, Support and or Prepare procurement strategies and reports as required by the Supply Chain Manager.
- Supplier Performance Review reports.
- Key Performance Indicator reviews.
- Manage and report Risk
- Detailed and solid understanding of Procurement Processes and IT
- Minimum five years' experience in a Supply Chain environment, with at least three years' experience managing a wide range of services, commodities or equipment.
- Strong knowledge of the legal environment related to purchasing contracts and framework agreements within the defence sector.
- Good knowledge of Supply Chain processes and interfaces between the business, project, partners, suppliers and customers
- Awareness of payment mechanisms, including payment by results (Earned Value Management)
- Understanding of continuous improvement and Value Add/ Value Elimination Cost reduction analysis
- Understanding of Problem solving techniques
- Degree Qualified in a Business or Engineering discipline or Relevant working experience in the field of Supply Chain (Subject Matter Expertise).
- Working towards CIPS qualification or equivalent
Major Tasks and Activities:
- Manage, support and or prepare outputs and and select suppliers i.a.w. with the departmental procedures.
Manage and support or negotiate all commercial, financial, and schedule elements of the subcontracts/project and any authorised changes in line with departmental procedures
Pro actively support and deliver effective supplier management and service delivery.
Identify and implement business improvements resulting in cost saving opportunities.
Act as the primary point of contact with assigned suppliers and customers (internal/external).
Additional Key Accountability:
- Active support to the team's Safety Health and Environment activities
- Manage Risks & Opportunities across the contracts / project
- Act as a mentor for team members
- Deputise for management and represent the department at internal meetings