Up to £26.26 per hour
7 days ago
Morson International is looking for Supply Chain/Procurement Professional for our client based in Portsmouth.
- Work with other functional representatives and/or customers and suppliers to meet operational needs of line management and the business, and to ensure that quality, cost and delivery considerations are factored into procurement decisions
- The role requires a solid professional knowledge and understanding of procurement principles and practices, including an understanding of the impact and implications of decisions made to business stakeholders and suppliers
- The role will include maintaining and updating the warehousing infrastructure and processes as required by the business , operating warehousing processes to meet agreed service levels , as well as understanding the key issues in relation to transport management.
- Furthermore the Logistics Professional will interface with stakeholders both inside and outside of Supply Chain, and appreciate the impacts of logistics decisions on the Supply Chain as a whole
- The candidate also be asked to play a role in identifying and delivering improvements to logistics processes both within Supply Chain and as part of cross-functional teams
- Work with other functional representatives and/or customers and suppliers to meet operational needs of line management and the business, and to ensure that quality, cost and delivery considerations are factored into Supply Chain decisions
- Will understand the roles and responsibilities within the wider Supply Chain team as this will help the individual carry out their role more effectively Leadership (Requirements of the position for providing leadership and guidance to others)
- May provide training/advice to new team members Problem Solving (Breadth of mental skills required in order to perform the position)
- Works within defined processes, procedures and guidelines
- Needs to ensure accuracy of tasks, services and information provided to team and customers
- Impacts related work streams / area of responsibility Interpersonal Skills (type of people skills required to perform the position)
- Good communication skills
- Needs to regularly exchange information
- Needs to be equipped to deal with difficult stakeholders
Experience within nuclear and pharmaceutical industry would be an advantage
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.