Manchester, Greater Manchester
5 days ago
Job Title: Supply Chain Scheduler
Salary: Competitive Package
Currently working with a well renowned FMCG Business in the Manchester region, being a leader in their market and operating across the globe, who have created a Supply Chain Scheduler position to further develop their supply chain offering in the UK.
This position is an excellent opportunity for an emerging supply chain professional to be involved in supply chain planning. The position holder will be involved in but not limited to; production scheduling activities such as stock position management, creation of daily plans looking at stock levels and orders, daily channel capacity reviews, executing orders for toll processing and shipments to external warehouses.
- Responsible for planning and execution of the short term production plan
- Coordinate the short term plan with long term forecasts and their execution
- Set stock levels and monitor inventory availability
- Coordinate and review capacity of inventory in relation to demand of customer orders for the plant, optimising the order portfolio and material resource planning
- Collaborate closely with other internal stakeholders, including but not limited to; the Master Planner, Plant Production Operators, Customer Service Representatives and the Supply Supervisor
- Provides evaluation and recommendation on processes and how to continuously improve these
- Deliver value added projects focused on cost reduction, process rationalisation and improving service to our end customers
- To have input into tracking and analysing Key Performance Indicators for a specific product line or site and put into place actions to improve these
- On an ad hoc basis conduct and produce reports e.g. sourcing, budgeting, plan vs. actual
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- A relevant Bachelor's Degree or Supply Chain Management certification (BSCM APICS) would be advantageous
- A background in supply chain in a relevant industry (chemicals, food/ingredients)
- PC Literacy with Microsoft Office and intermediate/ advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent understanding of tools and systems that support production scheduling processes (e.g. JDE One World, OMP)
- Understanding of production processes and the applications of products for customers
- Able to work as part of a team across different stakeholders and on own initiative and communicate clearly
- Excellent time management is essential in this position
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please email a copy of your most up to date CV or call Tom Wowk on 0161 707 1516 for more details.