£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
20 days ago
Job Title: Supply Chain Planning Manager
Salary: Competitive Basis + Package
Currently working with a leading consumer brand, with being the world's renowned brands, who require a Supply Chain Planning Manager. This is a newly created role which is an influential and high-profile position. The Planning Manager is responsible for managing a small team, covering both strategic and day to day planning management e.g. production planning, demand planning, inventory management and S&OP. The business is also keen to develop continuous improvement and want for the role holder to champion this within the supply chain structure, helping to deliver process change and ultimate encourage greater efficiency's.
- Manage and develop the, ensuring role profiles are in place and agreed, objectives are set, training & development plans are in place and performance in monitored routinely.
- Manage, coach and support direct report(s) in line with the Values and Performance management processes.
- Lead the generation of the demand plan, ensuring accurate and timely monitoring of actual orders against the demand forecast, investigate variances and amend accordingly.
- Lead generation of weekly production / capacity plans ensuring alignment with business objectives on availability, costs and efficiency's are met.
- Lead the interaction with marketing, sales and customer contacts to understand demand forecast drivers.
- Ensure the team is monitoring availability and inventory levels for finished goods whilst keeping stock within agreed target levels.
- Proactively identify and resolve potential issues, ensuring availability risks are managed.
- Drive continuous improvement of Sales & Operational Planning throughout the Business
- Collate, analyse and summarise the reporting of all performance on a timely basis.
- Work with the wider team to ensure all KPI's are maximised including, Customer Service Level, planning efficiency's and forecast accuracy.
- Drive Business change requirements.
- Work closely with internal departments including Supply Chain, Sales, Procurement and Product Development and support on ad-hoc Supply Chain projects as required.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Relevant degree (or equivalent) or associated professional qualification.
- Recent experience in a similar role for a FMCG company.
- Experience of driving a change management agenda, implementing new processes to support and improve the planning cycle.
- Experience of managing a team with the ability to develop and inspire a high-performing team.
- Experience working with short shelf life products is desirable
- Very strong analytically and problem-solving skills, including creative thinking with the ability to identify and focus on the key issues.
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please email a copy of your most up to date CV or call Tom Wowk on 0161 707 1516 for more details. Please note - if you have not received any feedback within 5 days, your application was not successful on this occasion.