3 months ago
Supply Chain Operations Manager for RF electronic equipment installed on Telecommunications satellite payload in the Space Systems Business line required for an initial 6 month contract.
A SOM's portfolio annual value is in the range of £1M to £20M.
As a Supply Chain Operations Manager (SOM), you are a vital part of the procurement community.
You are in charge of managing contract execution and supplier delivery performance.
You control effectively the activities of our supplier and develop a close understanding of supplier overall situation and scope. You play a key role in the coordination of the multiple interfaces between all stakeholders involved in the supplier operations management (like suppliers, projects, manufacturing etc.).
You work closely together with our Commodity Managers and the respective Multifunctional Teams.
As focal point towards the supplier for all operational activities, your mission is to implement sustainable improvements of the supply chain performance. Since supply chain management involves working across silos and in many different cultures, soft skills like communication, effective presentation, and multicultural understanding are important.
- Manage Supplier operational performance and drive necessary collaboration as far as necessary, day-to-day manage the suppliers from order to acceptance of all deliverables:
- Lead or participate as required to progress meetings, design and/or production reviews
- Control quality gates, deviation / waiver, non-conformance & change process
- Implement supplier surveillance & performance improvement actions plans in coordination with relevant stakeholders
- Actively monitor & control suppliers
- Manage performance reviews with the Suppliers based on Vendor Review Board outputs
- Maintain a close communication and coordination with all internal stakeholders to ensure timely suppliers deliveries, be the main interface for assessing the supplier risks and proposing mitigation actions
- Implement recovery, improvement and follow up plans in order to secure delivery of the products and services in conformity with contract
- Ensure compliance with export regulations for all deliverables from suppliers, on a day to day basis
Qualifications and experience:
- Degree in an Aerospace or relevant Electrical Engineering subject
- In general, technical skills and appetite to quickly understand key technical attributes of the product and project and therefore enable productive dialogue with all stakeholders
- Proven experience as a product development project manager or subcontract manager (similar role), preferably in space and in challenging setup. Results to highest standard
- Experience and sound skills and knowledge of:
- Procurement & Project. Formal qualification (PMP, Prince2) is an asset
- Engineering in complex environment
- Quality with high product standards
- Manufacturing requiring complex processes
- Experience dealing with electronics, preferably in space
- Experience of applying product assurance standards for space is highly desired
- Primary interface to the Project/Product Supply Manager (PSM) into projects
- Act as the focal point towards the supplier(s) in delivery phase (post contract)
- Manage all aspects of the subcontract execution, in particular is accountable for OQ OT OC delivery of equipments and related documentation & services
- Lead and support the supplier progress from Kick Off to delivery and act as the interface between supplier and projects all the way to the delivery point of the equipment to Flight stores/AIT
- Manage the Subcontracts/Requisitions/POs/Invoicing using the company IT systems
- ReporttoPSM, programmes/projects on progress, risk, schedule and cost and quality management, including product assurance activities:
- Integrate Supplier reporting methodology into Project reporting process, agree best process between Project and Supplier
- Integrate Supplier schedule into SAP and/or Project Master Schedule
- Provide weekly update/confirmation of SAP dates and/or Project Schedule
- Liaise weekly with the Suppliers and internal Customers. Ensure sharing of up-to-date knowledge of the products' status at the suppliers
- Be responsible for the completeness and status of the action item list
- Manage the flow of change requests and change notices to and from the supplier during this phase; ensure compliance of suppliers to the T&Cs of the contract. Support negotiation of change requests/notes, minimise cost and schedule impact
- Liaise with Export Control Department to ensure fulfilment and supplier compliance of export control regulations such as ITAR
- Prepare for KO, EQSR, PDR, CDR, MRR, TRR, prepare draft minutes, execute MRR meeting (at suppliers premises if necessary) to assure manufacturing facility readiness and complete MRR process with this issue of minutes. Manage Actions raised through to closure diligently
- Undertake all PA aspects through the procurement process
- Ensure appropriate flow down of requirements
- Ensure contractual QA requirements are understood and followed
- Lead manufacturing, test, acceptance and delivery reviews
- Perform verification/inspection of hardware, as required
- Ensure all EEE reviews are monitored and reports on any issues
- Ensure all M&P reviews are monitored and reports on any issues
- Report on the status of qualifications, LAT's and RVT's
- Manage Alerts and Warning Notice process with Suppliers through to closure
- Manage the distribution of NCR's from Suppliers to Project and Customers. Enter NCR data into the company's NCR system. Provide NCR status reports to the project and Customers. Manage timely resolution of supplier non-conformances, including close out actions.
- Support review of non-conformance report statistics to endure appropriate second closure, this will be led by the SQM
- Conduct the acceptance and deliveryprocessTRB/SRB
- Ensure Test data received and reviewed by Procurement and Engineering.
- Ensure initial EIDP received and reviewed, check presence of CoC
- Prepare TRB minutes, execute TRB meeting and complete TRB process with this issue of minutes. Manage Actions raised through to closure
- Inform Goods-In of pending equipment arrival
- Ensure that DRBs are completed in line with subcontract/project needs. Prepare for DRB, prepare draft minutes, execute DRB meeting and complete DRB process with this issue of minutes. Manage DRB Actions raised through to final project closure
- Conduct subcontract closure when relevant, including lessons learnt
- Share knowledge on suppliers, competitors and RFP's/projects to enable success of commodity management's activities pre-contract and the achievability of subcontracts
- Provide inputs the risk ranking/supplier surveillance process and development (SED)
- Provide frequent updates on progress related to the execution of the contract and input metrics to measure the performance of the supplier
- Contribute to supplier development and ensure local follow-up of the development plans
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.