Up to £33.62 per hour
20 days ago
Supply chain manager Manager for several Power and Propulsion Equipment packages currently under contract and required to be delivered against for the build of the Type 26 ASW Frigate.
* Key interface between Naval Ships and Equipment Sub-contractors
* Liaison across the various stakeholder within the business in ensuring the latest and most topical information is available and in a timely manner.
* Regular contract reviews with Equipment Suppliers
* Contract placement, negotiation and amendment with updates as required to meet the needs of the Program.
* Key reporting of risks and identification of mitigation.
* Provision of Executive summaries & SOFT reports.
* Cash management and financial reporting on Supplier milestone performance.
* Program and schedule adherence.
* Schedule recovery plans as required.
* Identification and implementation of cost reduction opportunities.
* Lead delivery and logistic requirements to ensure successful equipment delivery into Naval Ships facilities.
* Equipment document control and facilitation
Strong and demonstrable experience working in a Procurement Sub-Contracts Manager role or with a role that has similar responsibilities
*Experience working on large scale and highly technical and complex projects and managing supplier relationships and performance throughout the whole life cycle of any given project.
*Strong experience sourcing, negotiating and drafting contracts to bring on board new sub-contract and/or production suppliers or to amend/update contracts with existing suppliers as required to meet project demands.
*Knowledge and practitioner of Project Management principles processes and practice
*Outstanding communication skills with the ability to naturally engage and communicate effectively with suppliers, stakeholders, management and wider project teams.
*An organised and effective approach needs to be demonstrated in being able to manage suppliers against contract mile stones and ensure on-time delivery at all times.
*Commercial, contractual and legal acumen in relation to supply chain activities.
*Data analysis, cost control, planning and budgeting.
*Risk & Opportunity Management
Commercial, Claims Management and dispute resolution