Supply Chain Manager - Electronic Units
Bristol - 4 month duration - Pay rate £420.75 per day Umbrella or £307.72 per day PAYE basic (£344.86 including holiday pay)
We are looking to recruit a Supply Chain Manager to act as the main interface between 7 suppliers and the engineering project team for the electronic components of a complex Satellite Altitude and Orbit Control System (AOCS). The successful applicant is likely to have a background that includes working closely with electronics engineering teams and supplier management. It is crucial that this person has proven ability of working on complex electronics/electrical projects; this is a one off product requiring close working with suppliers to understand and mitigate for various risks.
You will manage the relationship with the Suppliers, from contract signature to Products delivery. This encompasses all topics related to contract, technical, performance, planning and conformity of delivered products.
- Strong project management skills
- Solid background working on projects for development of electronic units for low volume, high complexity and likely safety critical projects - Aerospace or Defence background preferred
- Proven ability of supplier relationship management
- Strong autonomy, rigor and transparency
- Fast and proactive problem solver
- Ability to maintain constructive relationships with both internal and external parties, whatever the criticality or complexity of topics to be addressed
- Wish to contribute to an agile and collaborative operating model, "One International Company"
- Mobility (potential for travel)
Before contract signature:
- Contributes to the Supplier selection, in the frame of the PVET (Supplier selection process) led by the MFT (Multi-Functional Team), by providing feedback on the Suppliers measured performance, current and forecast capacities in order to validate the reliability of the target planning.
- Coordinates a contract execution Surveillance Plan according to identified risks and opportunities
After contract signature:
- Leads the relationship with the Supplier all along the execution of the contract for all matters related to the supplied products (technical, industrial, planning, Quality, contractual), and manages the follow-up of activities in line with the Surveillance Plan
- Manage supplier activities according to SOW + SOA and the Surveillance Plan, relying on the client best practices
- Manage and formalize change requests through contractual CCNs with the supplier and in cooperation with the Category Buyer
- Coordinate with Projects and suppliers performance through formal reviews all along the contract; Whenever necessary, coordinates the involvement of Engineering (validation of the design, evolution of specifications, deviations, …), Procurement (contractual modifications) or Quality (formal conformance validation), each of these functions remaining the owners of their respective fields of accountability
- Implements all necessary actions in order to early detect technical, quality or planning risks or issues which may impact programmes schedule or Cost of Non Quality, and mobilise all necessary means to ensure a quick and thorough treatment.
- Provides internal clients and Central Functions (Operational & Forecast Planning, Finance, Quality) with regular technical, planning, risk & opportunities, costs status and forecast information, using JV tools (mainly SAP)
- Manages all formal reviews all along the contract (EQSR, PDR, CDR, TRR, TRB, DRB, …), in line with the Surveillance Plan, ensures the exhaustiveness of the deliverables, gets approved (by Engineering, Quality) the related data, and authorizes the delivery of the goods with the related financial consequences (payments, calculation of penalties to be negotiated by Procurement, …)
- Performs supplier performance evaluation according to client and JV defined parameters
- Responsible for the deployment of corrective and preventive action plans which address process, product, or component alerts
- Risk analysis:
- Supporting TB/CB/Audit team for capability assessment during supplier selection process
- Manage continuously updated risk control analysis and related actions during execution
- Responsible for preventive action plans which address process, product, or component
- Consolidate and analyse at JV level the forecasts from sites vs supplier global capability, alerting internally or at supplier level for gaps
- Act to improve the overall interface between client and the Supplier, using lessons learned for the continuous improvement of supplier
- Ensure application of follow up process (i.e. PVET4 (KO) and 5 (SPA - Supplier Performance Assessment)
- In case of local Supply Chain crisis, leads the Task Force
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the tasks involved all candidates must be capable of gaining a Baseline Personnel Security Clearance.
This role will operate Inside IR35.