£45000.00 - £600000.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
Job title: Supply Chain Manager
Job location: Edinburgh, Central Based Scotland
Salary: Competitive basic + package (car,bonus,phc,pens)
The Supply Chain Manager will be a key member of our Logistics and Customer Services operation as part of the Scotland Leadership team. The role will have the exciting and challenging opportunity to lead the implementation of Supply Chain strategy in Scotland and drive continuous improvement projects for the Scottish Supply Chain and support the European Market.
- Manage and oversee the day-to-day logistics and customer service operation, which includes;
- Ensuring raw materials and finished goods are managed in the most efficient manner, factoring in customer needs vs internal constraints
- Distribution capacity is balanced in the short and long term, in a cost-efficient manner
- Supervise and monitor the customer service team and processes
- Ensure best practices relating to supply chain processes are shared and understood through training, workshops and documentation
- Responsible for negotiations with suppliers and come up with solutions to improve service to our end customers
- Be an active facilitator of continuous improvement projects related to supply chain / customer service processes
- Responsible for the direct performance management, talent development, succession and engagement of a small team of customer services and supply chain professionals
- Utilise a variety of data sources to build scenarios and supply chain plans on a medium/ long term view, taking into account commercial forecasts, plant operations, ship owners and road hauliers
- Responsible for achieving defined Key Performance Indicators, and identify actions to improve these
- Budgetary management for the supply chain function locally
- A Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject area (Supply Chain Management/ Logistics/ Business) or similar
- Demonstrated supply chain managerial experience in an animal nutrition business / aquaculture or relevant sector
- Experience in vessel operations/ industrial shipping would be an advantage
- Understanding of warehousing processes, storage and production facilities and how they work
- Experience negotiating strategic contracts with suppliers
- A collaborative approach to relationships with the ability to act as a partner to internal business functions
- A strong project management approach, with the ability to manage multiple supply chain projects requiring the ability to manage timelines, balance priorities and deliver results that create value
- The ability to 'challenge the status quo'
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint and ideally expertise in an ERP system i.e. SAP
- Fluent English (both verbal and written)
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast-paced stimulating environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest private companies in the world.
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please email a copy of your most up to date CV or call Tom Wowk on 0161 707 1516 for more details.