29 days ago
Supply Chain Manager - Weymouth
In this role you will be responsible for leading, defining, implementing and managing supply chain strategies for the entire portfolio of spend and supplier relationships across the business.
* Create, develop and implement a comprehensive supply chain strategy for the CEMS business which includes supply base reduction, supplier performance improvement, Kanban and/or kitting initiatives and minimising working capital requirements.
* Review current supply contracts, for value and service, fostering excellent relationships for the business, suppliers and customers.
* Develop, operate and maintain a SMART supplier performance improvement framework, conducting quarterly reviews with strategic vendors
* With support from Finance, Manager of Programmes and Commercial Manager, ensure excess stock is identified and working capital reduced appropriately in line with business needs and contractual agreements
* Deliver supply chain cost inputs to Commercial Responses in accordance with the agreed business strategy and support Proposal generation (statement of work, supply chain options and recommendation) matched to Customer requirements.
* Develop the individuals within the team through the PDR processes, related training and coaching, keeping succession planning at the forefront of personal development and training objectives
* Working with Commercial and Operations to generate Proposal Documentation (statement of work, supply chain options and recommendation) matched to Customer requirements.
* Undertaking a supply chain review of the full suite of proposal documents.
* Accountable for building and developing collaborative internal and external relationships, ensuring that supply chain and supplier strategy and performance underpins business area objectives and budgets.
* Accountable for identifying and proactively addressing opportunities for cost reduction, performance improvement and risk mitigation, within portfolios of spend and/or individual supplier relationships, demonstrating real value for money, taking into account multiple constraints or objectives (e.g. cost, delivery, cash flow) and balancing them appropriately
* Support to the Manager of Programmes and Commercial Manager in respect of projects and initiatives related to specific flow down conditions.
You will be degree qualified (or equivalent) and have a CIPS/MCIPS qualification and have previous experience of working in a supply chain manager position or similar.