£30.02 - £33.62 per hour
30 days ago
Morson International are looking for a Supply Chain Manager on behalf of our prestigious client, BAE Systems, based in Govan.
The role will involve full management of team and suppliers for respective category of spend. Overall responsibility for procurement/category contracts throughout contract lifecycle, including hands on contract management and delivery.
Represent Supply Chain business reviews, including but not limited to; schedule, lifecycle management, Control Account Management, programme reviews, including delivery of all reporting requirements
- Develop, implement and drive the overarching Category team delivery plan and Supplier Engagement schedule.
- Define measures, key performance indicators and internal service delivery agreements to enable delivery.
- Work with key stakeholders to identify and develop sub-contract requirements
- Lead cross functional engagement to facilitate the delivery of robust business inputs to RfP/RfT preparation, acting as the point of escalation for issue resolution
- Drive sub-contract development activity to point where programmes can secure Customer approval
- Lead supplier engagement, drawing in strategy and negotiation expertise
- Drive Suppliers to meet their contractual obligations, ensuring supply chain enables design maturity and production outputs
- Capture active and historical LFE from other programmes and ensure learning is embedded
- Category Cost Account Management and reporting
Skills and knowledge:
- Category strategy development,
- Facilitation and ownership of procurement lifecycle activities for category
- Extensive experience leading sourcing activity
- Extensive experience managing high value procurement category contracts
- Contract Management best practice
- Working knowledge of the legal environment related to purchasing contracts and framework agreements within the defence sector
- Understanding of Market Trends
- Value Engineering/Cost Reduction
Experience of Direct Procurement in a defence or similar industry e.g. automotive, aerospace preferred.
This role is Inside IR35.