£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
10 months ago
Supply chain manager - Cheltenham
Our client support military and civil aerospace customers by providing innovative electronic, electro-mechanical and pneumatic solutions for safety critical and high integrity applications. We also provide equipment for modern military land vehicles that improve their reliability and performance whilst reducing the burden on their operators and maintainers. Reporting into the supply chain director:
- Develop the team to ensure that it is of the right size and capability, with the necessary team governance and communication to ensure the team, department and wider business objectives are achieved.
- Proactively support the development of individuals within the team, through the PDR process, related training and coaching, keeping succession planning at the forefront of personal development and training objectives.
- Lead the supply chain team to place and monitor performance against those delivery commitments to achieve a 98% OTIF against business-wanted date (including quality of 98%).
- Create a product family purchasing strategy that delivers product 98% OTIF against business-wanted date (including quality of 98%). Create a sourcing strategy and implement the strategy for the product area.
- Actively manage the supplier base in the product family to - Action the product family strategy within the supplier base in order to protect the long term future of supply.
- Using the standard RRQ pack, capture accurate purchasing data on IFS in order to reduce the collection of - Ensure that IFS is used as the primary tool for capturing all supplier data from the bid stage all the way through to delivery. Ensure that bid supplier quotes and assumed pricing is captured in IFS.
- Put in place long term agreements and strategic partnerships with a minimum of 5 the top suppliers that includes a "Kanban" agreement in order to improve the business cash and inventory position.
- Create a supplier strategy that ensures that 100% order cover is placed on suppliers within the product family for all orders that have been accepted and loaded in order to benefit from best economies of scales of pricing and to improve supplier OTIF to 98%.
- Establish a supplier delivery strategy with a 28 day buffer. Ensure that payment terms for suppliers are favourable (at least 60 days) in order to improve our cash position.
- Propose a strategy and deliver a reduction in the number of suppliers for the product family by 20%. Ensure that the suppliers are of the correct size and exhibit the expected behaviours and product output (to quality and on time).
- Identify all parts that are single source and have the ability to be dual sourced. For those that can be dual sourced identify possible alternatives (without increasing the number of suppliers) that will result in increased competition and support in removing 15% of cost in the supply chain.
- Review and reduce the number of "ins and outs" of our products by identifying a single supplier to manage the sub system and supply a fully confirming product that will reduce the overhead burden within supply chain by 20%. (Propose additional continuous improvement initiatives).
- Lead supplier cost reduction workshops to achieve year on year savings (KPI to be agreed per product family)
- Support Sales & Marketing and Customer Services by providing material pricing for bids and quotes in a timely manner using the standard RFQs and IFS.
- Contribute and support the business make vs buy decision.
- Ensure, through production readiness reviews and capacity plans, that each supplier in the product family has the ability to meet their commitments.
- Conduct quarterly supplier business reviews with all key strategic suppliers.
- Work with the equivalent leads in operations, quality, engineering, PM and other functions to meet the business commitments.
You will need to be CIPS qualified or equivalent and have previous supply chain experience within defence/aerospace.