£55000.00 - £65000 per annum
3 months ago
Role: Supply Chain Manager
Salary: Competitive Basic + Package
A world leading production business, supplying products into most of the major retailers, this organisation is in a phase of rapid growth. With a heritage spanning over 100 years, the group has a turnover of multi-millions. The site in Lancashire is a centre of excellence for quality, technical specification, centralised planning and sourcing from all group manufacturing locations and operates as a distribution and service centre to the UK and European market.
What You Will Do:
Reporting to the Operations Director, the Supply Chain Manager will lead activities across all the product groups, managing change and delivering improved business performance in line with the company objectives. The Supply Chain Manager will define and execute the supply chain plan; leading, developing and motivating a team of planners, buyers, production, warehousing and distribution colleagues through a sustained period of growth. As part of the senior management team, you will help define the success of this production and distribution operation, working with colleagues to deliver a quality product on time and at the right cost.
- defining and controlling capacity within the production facility through regular update of lead time capability
- ensuring accurate planning for production and contract review of enquiries and orders
- working with production to ensure slippages are rectified with minimal delay and impact to the customer
- inventory control across all products, ensuring levels comply to the group days on hand targets
- ensure zero stock outs of standard product
- managing the procurement team to ensure the smooth supply of product
- develop a strategic sourcing plan for raw materials, executing the sourcing strategy for the different forms of raw materials
- create a competitive advantage for the business through the supply chain function
- accountable for the cost down initiatives
- managing the end to end procurement cycle, including NCR's
- overseeing the entire logistics function, including the satellite warehousing and third-party haulage partners
What You Will Have:
- experience in supply chain/production planning, distribution and warehouse operations
- excellent organisational and planning skills
- strong influence/negotiating skills with an engaging leadership style
- excellent Management skills
- good analytical and problem-solving skills
- IT literate with experience in supply chain planning in ERP systems
- good negotiation skills
- experience in working in cross functional teams managing multiple projects
- ideally CIPS qualified
- headroom and a desire for growth
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please email a copy of your most up to date CV or call Tom Wowk on 0161 707 1516 for more details. Please note - if you have not received any feedback within 5 days, your application was not successful on this occasion.