£0.00 - £678.26 per day
16 days ago
Morson International is looking for experienced Supply Chain Manager for our client based in Portsmouth.
Ensures that all procurement activity delivers value for money through the planned and skillful management of agreed categories and suppliers. Co-ordinate supplier selection, subsequent and appropriate management of the supply base (SRM); contract negotiations, placement and management of all third party requirements assigned. Drives synergies/opportunities across the end-to-end supply chain and considers global approach/options when going to market. Drives down the total cost of ownership and ensures compliance with process, legislative and contractual requirements.
- Lead / participate in contractual negotiations and supplier management / development activities including incentivisation and managing demand vs. availability, contractual and cost performance
- Ensure full compliance with processes, policies and procedures.
- Continuously developing sourcing strategy including delivery of the plan to enhance performance.
- Be the Strategic Supplier Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Work with knowledge holders across the supply chain including customers / suppliers to determine performance and cost improvement opportunities and solution
- Combines a thorough understanding of supplier performance KPIs and of current issues and drives improvement actions required
- Is a key influencer of supplier relationship management approach and content, sets direction for development of new policies and procedures
- Practical understanding of Defence and partnering between Government and private sector.
- Detailed understanding of Life-cycle Management and Business Management Systems
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing& supplier management processes and principles of Supply Chain
- Ability to interact across all levels of management.