Birmingham, West Midlands
Rail Technical Team
about 1 year ago
Our client is recruiting for a Supply Chain Manager to work on a contract basis at their offices in Birmingham.
As a Supply Chain Manager at you will work to support the development, implementation and communication of Supply Chain activities across all stages of the procurement lifecycle, working with potential suppliers and partners to engage with and prepare the industry for the scale of procurement and to position as the client of choice for suppliers in the rail and construction sectors.
The Supply Chain Manager's portfolio shall include specific accountabilities to lead supply chain capacity work streams and projects within the team and with other internal stakeholders and to provide support to the National College for High Speed Rail to engage with the supply chain.
Supply Chain Management Function
- Promote a culture of building excellent Supply Chain relationships built on trust, openness.
- Develop and implement a co-ordinated supply chain engagement strategies to communicate strategically with all potential suppliers as relates to their specific SCM portfolio.
- Lead market sounding exercises relating to their own SCM portfolio and contribute towards the delivery of others as required.
- Lead meetings, workshops and engagements events.
- Provide ongoing operation support in the maintenance of all sources of SCM data and tools.
- Support with the timely and accurate reporting in accordance with SCM programme governance.
- Work with other members of the commercial directorate team where cross working between the various groups and SCM is needed.
- Knowledge of government initiatives, policies and best practice approaches to SCM.
- Understanding of the commercial and contract delivery lifecycle; including key activities during market engagement, procurement and delivery.
- Understanding of systems and reporting applications including procurement and commercial tools.
- Appreciation of applicable EU and UK procurement legislation.
- Knowledge of different procurement routes including use of OJEU processes and government frameworks.
- Understanding of project scheduling, planning and project management approaches and techniques.
- Experience of large projects or working within/under a similar matrix organisational structure.
- Experience of managing a SCM or supplier engagement programme in.
- Experience of stakeholder management, internal and external communication, including engagement of third party suppliers.
- Experience within a procurement, financial or commercial governance structure, with supporting policy and processes.
- Experience of establishing and leading projects on a 'Task and Finish' basis whereby the project teams will disband once the work streams are completed and any actions/changes must be embedded into business as usual management within the relevant teams and functions.