3 months ago
Supply Chain Manager with aerospace/defence industry experience required to direct and manage all the procurement / supply chain activities associated with a specific programme/project or business area. The role includes the development and delivery of procurement / supply chain strategies, and the associated engagement and management of suppliers, projects and other stakeholders to deliver project/business objectives. Representing the Supply Chain team at key meetings (internal & external). The management and development of team members to drive performance.
- Management of a team comprising a number of Supply Chain personnel managing a range of contracts
- Oversee/lead as appropriate completion of Contractual negotiations
- Manage Supply Chain performance against deliverable and contractual metrics, ensuring successful delivery to cost, quality and time
- Compliance with all relevant Company policies and standards
The role involves but is not limited to the following:
- Ensure arrangements are in place to buy, distribute, take delivery and incorporate contracts into the projects
- Ensure individual procurement / supply chain strategies/negotiation plans/make v buy plans for each contract are in place
- Lead and Manage supplier response evaluation activities and clarifications to seek the best value for money solutions
- Engage and support stakeholders and CAMs on activities to generate, negotiate and place contracts with selected suppliers. Activities include agreed scope definition, contracting frameworks, prices and delivery schedules.
- Maintain an effective rapport with the Supplier base and seek developments in the areas of SCE and SCRIA
- Manage the resolution of performance issues with the contract.
Additional Key Accountability's:
- Be accountable for supplier performance to support the development and execution of whole ship Class contracts
- Ensure Safety Health and Environment best practice and processes are publicised and implemented within scope of the role.
- Risk and Opportunity management across the contracts / project
The Supply Chain Manager will have the ability to project manage an evolving work scope and to effect positive cooperation from Customers, Suppliers and colleagues and to direct within the team, the required strategies to be implemented for the successful contracting / supply chain methodologies
They will also provide technical and personal leadership to team members and investigate issues, identify and introduce appropriate solutions
The successful candidate will maintain knowledge and keep abreast of Procurement initiatives/updates and Supplier performance/developments.
Candidates will preferably be Degree qualified with extensive experience in Project management within a supply chain environment with Technical and commercial skills as appropriate or equivalent.
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.