4 months ago
Morson International is looking for Supply Chain Lead for our client based in Portsmouth.
To provide supply chain leadership and guidance to support customer performance improvement, business development and through life cost optimisation for the COM. To contribute to development of the supply chain function to harness opportunities for the COM, the function and wide strategic initiatives. To provide governance, to the COM for all processes associated with the Supply of good and services. To manage employee resources to optimise resources and develop talent.
To lead, to participate in and to interface with the COM on all things Supply related to provide bid support, strategic development, operational performance management tactical issue resolution to ensure COM revenue, performance and customer satisfaction targets are achieved.
- Delivery of all aspects of COM Support contractual performance including supplier performance management.
- Develop a communications structure to manage Supply Chain status, performance, and critical issues management within a project and functional management structure.
- Ensure full compliance with BAE Systems Maritime Services Supply Chain processes, policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all quality requirements and standards are met in the delivery of all work packages and ensure the relevant quality control measures are adhered to
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with all key stakeholders, including customer and suppliers, maintaining regular communication and managing expectations
- Establish, agree and deliver with stakeholders the required plans to meet schedule, cost and quality requirements.
- Manage the risks and opportunities within the COM using the appropriate business processes to ensure these are effectively and appropriately addressed, escalating where necessary for senior and / or independent decision making and support
- Financially plan and achieve the COM'd financial objectives for orders, sales, margin and cash, contributing to the overall business Integrated Business Plan for current and future periods as required.
- Monitor and report SC project performance for schedule, technical, quality and financial objectives.
- Lead effective communications and employee engagement, to foster a culture of openness, feedback, two-way dialogue and honesty to ensure people are aware and engaged in their delivery contribution
- Ensure learning, knowledge and experience are shared to promote an integrated team approach and enable a more effective and efficient operation
- Continuously monitor employee resource requirements to free up resources when possible and to provide a resource plan for future COM activity.
- The role requires excellent and broad Supply Chain knowledge and a breadth of business knowledge and expertise, including good business, market and competitor knowledge as well as depth of vision and creativity and an ability to develop Supply Chain strategy to support business objectives and strategy
- Supply Chain functional people, process and performance knowledge to develop the function using enabling technologies to exceed or meet the Corporate business objectives set by the Executive Committee